Thursday 4 December 2014

Days of Blood and Starlight - Laini Taylor

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war. This is not that world.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream? 

My thoughts:
I really like this series, it's so bleak and awesome. But I was reeeeally worried when I started book 2, I have read enough books suffering from book 2 syndrome to last me a lifetime. But I still love this world, I still want more. Awesome.

Karou is, well Karou. The whole dual thing was a bit..ok, eh, but I got over it. it was mostly the romance part that bothered me in book 1. But their souls reached out so why would he not fall for her new face.

Akiva grew a bit darker, totally needed btw. The world showed more of it's ugly face. Mass genocide, creepy emperor with thousands of kids. And what about that other mythical country? I want to know more.

Oh the book was awesome. I read it in two sittings, I am sorry but I had to take a sleeping break. BF was getting up in 4 hours. Damn it!

What I like about the book is the feeling of it. It does not try to be more than it is, it does not take in unnecessary things to make it better (and fails). 

Conclusion:
Recommending this series. 

Cover
Boring.

Paperback, 518 pages
Published August 15th 2013 by Hodder Paperbacks
Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2
Fantasy romance paranormal
Library

39 comments:

  1. I'm good this didn't fall under the book 2 syndrome. I've gotten lucky with the last couple of series I've started. But that fear is always there though. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series so much it warms my heart you like it too. By the way, the audiobooks are Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this one was darker, but I still loved it. This series is one of my all time favs. I loved that Mik and Zuzanna had bigger roles in this as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I could have lived without them, I was so into the world, wanted more and more

      Delete
  4. Good to hear it keeps being good! I have book 1 but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to hear you like this, and the darker turn Akiva took. I think the third book is even darker in tone and I was also on the edge of my seat for it. Darn sleep breaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh even darker, I want it now, but BUT the library is CLOSED for a month...a month!

      Delete
  6. I love this series too although I've been afraid to tea date last book even though it's been sitting on my shelf since release day. hehe

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover and need to start the series

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't like this book, (mostly Karou in this book) but I loved the others in the series. Yeah sleeping is so annoying when there's a good book to be read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, totally!
      I can totally understand not liking her, she had her quirks

      Delete
  9. It's great that it was still good! I hear great things about this author but I still need to try her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love this series, though I have to admit the books went downhill after the first one. Still not bad.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still liked book 2 so ;) *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  11. I'm glad this book 2 was so good!! I just received it and can't wait to dive myself into it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always wanted to start this series. I'm basically in love with Laini's writing style (although some would argue it's a little purple-y)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you liked it. I agree about book 2 in most series is usually a let down from the first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha love how you made an excuse about having to read it in two sittings lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dark and bleak..i need to add book one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's most definitely dark and awesome. And I love that cover for it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was my favorite one out of the trilogy. MAN I love this book. I am so excited to see what you think of the conclusion. I'm still not done crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want it now! but omg...the library has closed for a MONTH

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP