Saturday 31 January 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-In Jan 30 2015 and A Dark Guardian Review

#FitReaders hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.

Sat, 1 hour walk, and 30 min walk
Sun, 1 hour walk
Mon, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Tue, 1 hour yoga, 6 km bike, 30 min walk, 1 hour workout class
Wed, 4 km bike, 45 min zumba, 30 min walk (and hitting over 17 000 steps :D
Thu, 4 km bike, 1 hour walk
Fri, 30 min walk, 4 km bike

Yay for getting 17 000 steps that one day. I also forgot my fitbit one day, so that sucks. But all in all a good week.

I have also noticed that I work a lot at work so that is good, on weekends, not so much, but that is what walks are for.



........................

Have you ever wanted to travel through time with weapons crafted by the Fae themselves? To experience adventure so thrilling and dangerous you don't know if you will live to see tomorrow? To know that the lives of your men and villages depends on the accuracy of your instincts? To lead a group of highly skilled warriors from other times and realms? Now my men and I are faced with fighting creatures only thought to live in legend but which have been brought to Earth by evil bent on annihilating all the realms. That is my life--and I love it.

At least I did until I found myself staring into the angelic, innocent face of Lady Mina of Stone Crest. In all the time I have led The Shields I have trusted my instinct to keep us alive, yet now I don't know what to believe. Everything points to Mina as the evil summoning the creatures, but she proclaims her innocence.

I should be able to see through her lies, if she is indeed lying, but my attraction to her blinds me to even that. The last time I found myself so attracted to a woman, it nearly cost me the lives of my men. I cannot allow that to happen again. I won't allow that to happen again.

Yet every time she looks at me, begging me with those blue-green eyes to believe her, I find myself sinking farther under her spell. Her mouth is a temptation mortal men will never know and her love will either bring me the peace I thought I'd never find--or the death I've managed, thus far, to avoid.

My thoughts:
Arghh, it could have been so much better! It was all there! Romance, danger, medieval times, drama and a monster. But, omg they screwed it up.

Ok so your sister keeps telling you are ugly, and you are too blind to see that everyone else loves you? I know that shit can mess with your mind but I got so sick of it.

But seriously, the worst part was how Hugh kept believing that Mina was the bad guy up till the end. Even when he had heard she was not. Even after he knew he loved her, even after they had sex! No, she is the bad guy, he feels it. Omg, really? It's so obvi not her! Maybe look at that bitch of a sister, that drunk of a bother, hey look at a villager. But no, it's her.

And there comes to a point where I just go all wtf, not again! EVERYTHING in this book could have been explained if people would have chilled for 1 second and asked a question, explained or just stop being effing children!!!

It's still gets a 2 though even if I hated everyone. Cos it had potential, it just got messed up by everything else.

ebook, 316 pages
Published 2006 by DL Grant, LLC
The Shields #1
Historical paranormal romance
own

42 comments:

  1. Awesome job with your steps and exercise! When I wore my pedometer to work I was amazed at how many more steps I got in at work compared to home. I don't wear it to work anymore because I pretty much always had over 10,000 steps. But, I should wear it again on the weekends! Thanks for checking and for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I really am amazed, and I realise how lazy I am at home ;)

      Delete
  2. You had a great week!

    That book sounds pretty annoying.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're keeping up with the walks even in the cold weather. That's a beautiful picture of the bird - I bet you get some nice bird watching out there in the woods!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my best :) Not to mention it's so pretty to walk somewhere in the winter, I just wish the sun was out more

      Delete
  4. Love the pics, especially the birds. I hate it when I forget my fitbit. So frustrating. You had a good week though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a good week :) I just wish my stats showed what was missed

      Delete
  5. Keep up the good work with your exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand. It's worse when a book with potential flops than a book that was just okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did great with walking and biking. I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grant's one I want to try but maybe another one. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say not this series. I read a few reviews and the issues i had with this one continued

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's why I call exercising! Hats off to you, ducks :) Great review - I believe I'll give this one a pass. Keep up the good work!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's frustrating sometimes. I hope it will be better with book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good workout this week! The book is of the kind I can live without ;p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome week :)

      yes STAY away, or...read it and tear it apart

      Delete
  12. Great job, you killed it on Wed ... and love that bird photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a great week!!! And I love the photos that you share - so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was rolling my eyes..at the hero's wavering. We have snow, lots of it. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am absolutely loving your photos, Linda! They are always so beautiful. Shame the book was awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D The bird was good the other ones, eh, it was a cloudy day and I walked to the store and back

      Delete
  16. Great job this week and I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1) BIRD!
    2) And yes....I have dreamnt about ravel through time with weapons crafted by the Fae themselves and to experience adventure so thrilling and dangerous you don't know if you will live to see tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am doing terrible at the fit exercising thing. I keep running out of time in the day. *sigh*

    And sorry about the book. People should calm, just a little bit. THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL!! Yeah, I hate it when characters and situations are OTT unbelievable b/c stubborn refusal to see what's right in front of their face. Also, way to be fit ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP