Thursday 8 January 2015

Prelude to a scandal - Delilah Marvelle

Lady Justine is willing to trade her good name, her reputation and her place in London's gossip-hungry ton to secure her father's release from prison. But when the notorious Duke of Bradford counters her offer with a proposal of marriage, the stakes grow higher still. For while the smoldering lord is famous for his conquests, the man is oblivious to both her devotion and her charms. And Justine is soon afraid she has wagered all for naught. 

My thoughts:
I was going through a "no wow books for a while" spell and the only cure for that is cute and light historical romance. Nothing gets my spirits up like balls, the ton and silly dramas.

But this one was actually different. Our hero is a rake (ha nothing new there), but the author calls him in a pre word a sex-addict and does everything to show just that. He really can't keep it in his pants.

Our heroine is desperate. Her father is in jail cos he wrote an essay about how animals are gay, so should humans be able to be. No no, that is bad in this era, you could get hanged for that! So therefore she is desperate to get him out and she does know this rakish Duke.

They marry. They have issues. His issue is of course he wants to do it all the time and he tries to restrain himself. Her issues is that she wants love and to talk about things.

Plus insert drama with his brother's pregnant mistress and the reason why our Duke has a scar.

It did have another feel to it. Sure some things were silly but I wanted that. Sure they were idiots at times, but hey, fun. 

Fun

Cover
Good, but nothing new
'
Mass Market Paperback, 376 pages
Published December 21st 2010 by HQN Books
Scandal #1
Historical romance
Own

37 comments:

  1. Oh this is a little different and you are right..balls, tons and silly drama make me smile too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha, I know you like your rakes. This one sounds all kinds of steamy.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rake who is a sex addict now that is surprising... Not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing makes me happier then a sweet historical romance. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun sounds great! Idiots? That, too. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got the "no wow books" flu right now, too! Maybe this story's what I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Nothing like historical romance and silliness,

      Delete
  7. I love balls, its my favorite part on historical romances or even fantasy. The gowns, the rituals, the rules, so engulfing and sweeping I want to be a fly on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun. I like the different elements in this one. Sex addict? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does sound fun with different elements

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I would get lost in that cover. It's all so peachy and swishy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds nice, it's the first time I hear about the book (and the author I think).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every reader needs a bit of wow in their books. I'm happy that this story helped fill the void you've been feeling.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always work, no wow, but that is not what I needed, I need fun :)

      Delete
  13. I really enjoyed her other series, The Rumor. I'll be picking this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds fun! Maybe this is just what I need to read right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Yeah sometimes all I want is fun and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm Maybe??

    I'll keep it mind for when I need a light romance. Historical is always hit or miss with me.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy most ;) But sometimes I do go all no!

      Delete

  17. aren't they all rakes? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP