Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Queen is Dead - Kate Locke

Book two in a thrillingly original new urban fantasy series—set in a dark alternate world where the Victorian age never ended...

Xandra Varden is the newly crowned Goblin Queen of England. But her complicated life is by no means over.

There are the political factions vying for her favor, and the all too-close scrutiny of Queen Victoria, who for some reason wants her head. Not to mention her werewolf boyfriend with demands of his own, and a mother hell bent on destroying the monarchy. Now she's the suspect in a murder investigation—and Xandra barely knows which way is up.

What she does know is that nothing lasts forever—and immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

My thoughts:
So..I read book 1 yesterday, and this morning I picked up book 2 and read like 200 pages before work. And then finished the book when I got home. And now, I do not have book 3, oh sad me. I totally need the book.

The goblins wants Xandra as their queen cos the surprise in book 1 was that she is a goblin! I did like that twist. And I really like the goblins. They are nice and they are crazy and digs into meat like animals.

Vex, eh, ok sure he is good, I like them together. I do like my weres. I just wonder how it will play out since she is goblin queen and is is alpha wolf.

The world is still amazing and I despair. Humans will never tolerate others. And most vamps are such asses. Halvies are used, so how on earth will everyone live happily ever after? I seriously can see no end to this. Other than rivers of blood that is.

Right! The story. Ok back to the story. Her brother goes missing, she investigates and deals with the whole goblin thing aftermath.

Conclusion:
Awesome series. 

Cover
Cool

Paperback, UK Edition, 333 pages
Published February 5th 2013 by Orbit
The Immortal Empire #2
Alternate history / urban fantasy
Own

47 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I soooo need to get the rest of these books. lol. Thanks! Glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are Orbit? Did they start as self-pub or am I co fusing them with another series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series before so thanks for putting it on my radar--it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says a lot that you want to get your hands on the third book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you loved this one too, I marked them for audio picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a hybrid if they ever do procreate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your enthusisasm for this series. I am definitely bumping it up on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get that third book very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good. I love when you finish a book in a series and can't wait for the next one. I hope you get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get it, eventually, it was so expensive, boo

      Delete
  10. Wow you must really like this to gobble up these books at the speed you're going! That's a sure sign of a good series :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read, one, put it down, started another one :)

      Delete
  11. wow it's great that it's another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw you were reading this and couldn't wait for you to review! It gets recommended to me a lot as a "non love triangle" series. True??

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have the second one but I got the third. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh happy there's no 2nd book syndrome ... 1st book is on the list ... hmm maybe with my birthday voucher :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a fan of falsely accused. That's so cool that she wound up being a goblin though. I hope you get book 3 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sadly, so many humans never seem to be very accepting of people/things they consider "different" from themselves. Boo, Human Race. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gah! I need to read this series and sooner rather than later! I just love the covers to these books! They sound like books that I will definitely enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. After reading your review I got book 1, now I only need to find the time to read it... and then to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear you love this series! I need to read it. Though I'm a bit worried that the world is such a mess that it seems no HEA is possible (except for rivers of blood). Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, well I hope to get book 3 for my bday so we will see then

      Delete
  20. It was a good book,wasn't it? I still haven't read the next one though :( Hope you enjoy it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP