Monday 2 February 2015

Covenant's End - Ari Marmell

The thief Widdershins and her own "personal god," Olgun, return to their home city of Davillon after almost a year away. While Shins expects only to face the difficulty of making up with her friends, what she actually finds is far, far worse. Her nemesis, Lisette, has returned, and she is not alone. Lisette has made a dark pact with supernatural powers that have granted her abilities far greater than anything Widdershins and Olgun can match. 

Together, Widdershins and Olgun will face enemies on both sides of the law, for Lisette's schemes have given her power in both Davillon's government and its underworld. For even a slim chance, Shins must call on both old friends--some of whom haven't yet forgiven her--and new allies. 

Even with their help, Widdershins may be required to make the hardest sacrifice of her life, if she is to rid Davillon--and herself--of Lisette once and for all. 

Hardcover, 250 pages
Expected publication: February 3rd 2015 by Pyr
Widdershins Adventures #4
YA / Fantasy
For review

My thoughts:
The end, that is always sad. But a good series has to end sometime. And better it end good, then go on and on...

Widdershin is back in the city she left. Old friends are happy, and angry to see her. Old enemies want her dead. Well Lisette wants her dead, and Lisette is such a B.

The city is in trouble in this one. Monsters outside, thieves killing and robbing inside. The noble Houses are fighting. The police are patrolling and everyone is on edge. Not to mention she is on their bad list.

Widdershins kicks ass as always, but she is not indestructible and she does get hurt too. She has bad enemies, and not even Olgun can help her. Awww Olgun, I think I like him most of all. Our favorite God who talks to her as she is his only follower and if she dies, then no one will remember him. Olgun never says anything, but it's not needed, she talks to him and it's like I hear him too.

Conclusion:
A book with a bang to end this series. Though...I want more! Yes it ended, it ended well. Everything fixed but but, I'd like more! Like what is she up to after 10 years? No good, I presume, or maybe all good. See I am curious :) I do want more.

cover
Good

48 comments:

  1. Sounds like the book ended in a perfect chaos. Glad you loved its ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Series enders are indeed tough. I'll cross my fingers for you that the author will come out with a spin-off.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cool, one can always wish

      Delete
  3. A cover you like! I am impressed :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the series ended well. This series is new to me, I need to check first book out.
    I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for it ending well. That always makes me nervous when I'm getting to the last one in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel the same way about the series, I want to know what they are doing down the road. Still at least it ended on a high note for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder, even a novella could be fun, you know, 10 years later

      Delete
  7. Glad this was a strong ending, and I totally understand about wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DEFINITELY better that a series end than linger on forever, becoming increasingly unsatisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I should start book 1 soon! And that is a good cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great ending to a series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so sad at the end of this...even though the ending was bittersweet, and I understood it had to end this way. I would love to see future stories in this world even if Widdershins was to make just a cameo. One thing I would have liked to see was her getting together with Renard! Felt bad for the guy keeping that secret bottled up for years!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I wanted that too *sad* But hey I can always think that it does happen in a couple of years

      Delete
  12. Oh yes! This is a series I've been wanting to read. So glad that it ends well! Hm... I think this pushed it up a bit on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Epic AND a short novel to boot? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sadly I have to agree with you on a series ending. End great and in time, not dragged on because they can make a few more dollars. I like that. But it's sad to get to the end as well. A series that I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a few series I like, and they are still good, BUT I am started to feel tired of them cos they do drag

      Delete
  15. I"m gmad that this last book was good! But well sad you don't have more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love strong, well written endings. Anything less and I feel horribly cheated. And you're right, the cover is really beautiful :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a good series if you are not ready for it to end after all. Glad you enjoyed it so much B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. good and sad that it ends well but leaves you wanting more. Cool cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I'd even heard of this series. SO. Sorry for you that it ended (but glad it ended well), and happy for me b/c new series ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree. I'd rather a series be short and good than long and go down hill. I'm glad the series ended well. I have to try this one still.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I added this series when I found this on your blog, and I am very sad to say that I have not purchased it yet. I really want to dig into this one. It looks wonderful. And those COVERS! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP