Saturday 7 February 2015

DNFS and #FitReaders: Weekly Check-In Feb 6 2015




Sat, 1 ,5 h walk
Sun, 1,5 h walk
Mon, 5 km bike, 45 min zumba toning
Tue, 6 km bike, 1 hour workout class
Wed, 4 m bike, 1 hour zumba
Thu, 4 m bike, 20 min walk
Fri, 5 m bike, 40 min walk

I was wondering. See today I tried to find some zumba vids online and they are all so boring, slow and just bleh. I want fast, dance, rhythm. Fun.  Anyone know of any good ones?


.....

DNF time

Spirited away:
Been reading it for a week, it obviously is not working

Sea witch
 really can't do pnr anymore. It just does not work for me.

The crossing:
I started it in the fall. Time to face facts and dnf

Desire unchained:
I knew the book was doomed years ago when I did not fall for book 1. But gave it a go, and just not for me

Seduced by shadows:
On a mission. Those books I once upon a time started and put to the side. your time has come and I call the dnf

When pleasure rules:
Why am I pnr cursed?! My mind just do not care about anything in these stories

Primal bonds:
I know what the issue is now. I do not like pnr anymore cos everyone fall in love ar once and like kiss by page 1. Over it

Wolf tales:
I read 30 pages, realised I did not know what was happening. DNF.

The family beach house:
Bored, let's just forget it.



Burning skies:
I did not like book 1 with its plotholes so why even bother. It did not pull me in, I give up

Unraveled:
I was on page 60 and realised that I did not give a damn...next!

Grave Mercy:
I did make it half way through and it has semi good moments. But after an ok beginning it started to go downhill. Just kill some people! No, instead she lusted after this guy and YAWN.

The choosing:
I was not impressed and gave up. A bit too simple.

A patch of Darkness:
I could not get into not. I was reading but not feeling it so I felt it was time to admit defeat

A seal's seduction:
Oh who cares. Moving on

Bloodlines:
I feel a bit left out, everyone else loved this book.

I was feeling all meh, at 100 I was still feeling meh. And then I went all, Sigh, let's read something else.

And was this YA? Sure she was an old vamp but she still looks like 17, euw. That's just sad.

A wedding in springtime
Another book I was reading and reading, and realised I had no idea what was going on

The Key:
Just no. It was SO cliche. Pretty princess in hiding. Prince sees her and I went all come on! DNF.



44 comments:

  1. 1) KITTY! I love your kitty so much. hahaha.
    2) So many DNFs this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, look at his demon eyes :)

      Well, 2 months worth

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work with the exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Skyla book, I have the Yolanda on my wishlist but I'm sorry they weren't to your taste...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of DNFs! A lot of them don't seem like my kind of books though, so whew.

    Keep up the walking! That last picture is great, evil cat!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PNR books from my shelf and freebies, all doomed.

      hehe, he is a demon

      Delete
  5. I've heard good things about Grave Mercy but haven't tried it because I fear it's too YA,
    Can't help it but I love Larissa Ione's books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I mostly stopped reading PNR unless it's a mix with UF. I really can't get into it now! DNF for Milan sucks though, she is usually such an engaging author :( Lovely pics again, Linda! Especially like the alien cat! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so doomed! I should have read all these years ago when I still could.

      I am talking about another MIlan book tomorrow, that did work.

      Hehe, My little Lucifer

      Delete
  7. Great job with your workouts. Sorry about all the DNFs, better luck with your next books. As always, you have some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      I try :D Too bad that when it was all beautiful and stuff I was at work and then it got warmer and now no snow on trees, always prettier then

      Delete
  8. PNR is a really hard genre for me too, I hardly ever seem to care about the romance. The only authors that write ones I like are J.R. Ward and Kristen Callihan. Too bad you can't seem to find any good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty much over everyone, except those who mix in more UF. I just can't handle insta love on page 1 anymore

      Delete
  9. Whoa - so many DNF's. That sucks. I did love Grave Mercy though several of my friends hated it so you're not alone.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow B. In the first picture, there are about 6 books I did not like either, or DNF-ed. But I am sad you did not like the Jennifer Ashley book more, as I adore that series. I am trying to get over a stack of DNF-for-now books on my desk as well, give them a second chance or write them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I would have like 5 years ago but now, no, I just can't do it

      Delete
  11. Hope you can find a good video or two. Love your DNF "reviews - or reasons for the DNF". I might try that someday if I get a lot of DNFs. I actually read Sea Witch about 5 years ago. I liked it (3/5 stars) but I've only read maybe 4 PNRs ever. I hope you hit a streak of great books soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel I get a lot of them after I started to read freebie ebooks, they are just so easy to DNF ;)

      Delete
  12. Aw sucks PNR isn't working for you anymore. I liked the Ashley one. It's one of my favorite series. I have the Ione one on my tbr pile. I like her but never made it past book one in that particular series. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can get back to it one day but at the moment...nope, and has been like this for a year.

      Delete
  13. THAT's how it is with pnr and me. I love it, I go after it, they kiss and I quit. Pnr is good comfort food however. Maybe all you need is a break? Hopefully? I remember Grave Mercy, sooooo boring. She talks more about killing than she does actual killing, except she talks more about the dude than she does about killing which is just tiresome. Also heyyyy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been like this for a year, and honestly I do not read a lof of pnr, but when I do read it I just can't.

      And for comfort, na, that is what historical romance is for me :) There they can fall at once and I can dig it

      I know right! Big mouth, not much killing

      Delete
  14. Aw it sucks that you DNFed so many books :( I hope some better books come your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what freebies are for, easy to DNF ;)

      Delete
  15. The best part about your post is Luci's picture. :)
    I'm sorry you DNF-ed so many books... but I get you, I'm also having big problems with PNR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I put it there for you :)

      I do wonder how pnr died for me..it just did

      Delete
  16. Your honesty is devastating, lol :D I appreciate people who can be brutally honest though. Don't know of any Zumba workouts on line and frankly even if I did I'd be intimidated to recommend them to you!!! You exercise so much, it's dang insane :) Congrats, I'm clapping very hard for you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ;)

      Thanks, I try my best :) Though I can't see any results...hm

      Delete
  17. Such pretty snowy photos. I have done Zumba at the gym only, and then it does depend on the instructor to make it fun or not.
    Ahhh...the dreaded DNF's! I enjoyed your descriptions of why you DNF'd them though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I do like my instructors ( I have 2 different classes), even if one of them is too SMILE sometimes ;)

      Delete
  18. You did great this week and I love those pictures. You had a lot of DNFs but I hope you find something you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been saving them for a big post so not worries

      Delete
  19. At one point I had most of those on my wish list, even bought some, but I lost interest in PNR too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad I did not read them when I liked pnr

      Delete
  20. I wish I could workout daily. Oh that would be nice. It helps with my frustration levels. lol. I don't know of any zumba workouts, sorry. I'm still trying to find different things for me on the television as well. Some are good, some...well, you know. ;) Sorry you didn't like Bloodlines. Zara is sort of a like or not kinda character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just did not work out :/

      As I do not have kids I do have time

      Delete
  21. I love the snow!!! And your devilish cat ;)

    The lists make me feel better about my DNF pile. Some books I really try to like, it's just not in the cards for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you :)

      I am glad I learned to DNF, why read a book I will hate in the end

      Delete
  22. Wow that's a lot of DNFs! Paranormal romance hasn't worked for me lately either. That's sad about Grave Mercy, I was excited about that one, but yeah I want killing people not guy lusting.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP