Monday 23 February 2015

Long live the queen - Kate Locke

Xandra Vardan thought life would be simpler when she accepted the goblin crown and became their queen, but life has only become more complicated. Everyone -- vampires, werewolves and humans -- wants the goblins on their side, because whoever has the goblins -- wins. 

Queen Victoria wants her head, Alpha wolf Vex wants her heart, and she still doesn't know the identity of the person who wanted her blood. What she does know is that a project from one of the 'secret' aristocrat labs has gotten free and she's the only one who can stop the perfect killing machine -- a sixteen year-old girl. With human zealots intent on ridding the world of anyone with plagued blood and supernatural politics taking Britain to the verge of civil war, Xandra's finding out that being queen isn't all it's cracked up to be, and if she doesn't do something fast, hers will be the shortest reign in history. 


Paperback, 308 pages
Published November 12th 2013 by Orbit
The Immortal Empire #3
Urban fantasy, steampunk
Own


My thoughts:
The end...
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I came to the end and was all "There should be more!" Seriously, there should be more, like at least one more. I know some books go on and on, but I felt like, at least one more would have been good. Sigh.
Mooooooooooore!

Xandra does her best to try to find those behind the evil labs. Humans are angrier than ever, and I loved some of the points in this one. Xandra asked when someone they loved had last been hurt, they were all silent. Damn humans, keep it down.

So that happens, drama, politics and danger.

But hey I still want more, I felt like, ok I got an ending, but then, what happened next. I felt like I wanted to stay longer in this world. I will miss this world. Sad.

Conclusion:
Recommended series.

cover
cool

51 comments:

  1. Awe! I def want to read this series one day. UGH! Maybe she'll have a short story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely enjoyed this series and the interesting take on the vampire/were/goblin culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather that an author ends a series leaving me wanting more than with me feeling like it should have concluded 3 books ago. I need more Steampunk in my life!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it's better that it ended a bit too soon than carrying on way too long, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, I HATE when it continues and just starts to suck

      Delete
  5. I've had this series in my TBR like forever, I really must read them but have always been a little wary as I've never known anyone who'd read them, you've made me feel 100% better about finally reading them so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have it then yes yes yes yes give it a go!

      Delete
  6. I have had this one bookmarked for almost a year. Keep thinking 'when I have time.' Someday I will have time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah endings like that. Both good and bad. Good wanting more... bad wanting more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have long wanted to read the series, sounds like it is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just 'one' more haha ... they're on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear hear it was a decent ending

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed the series even if you wanted more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shit THIS is a series I have to get caught up with!! Gah! I hate that it doesn't have sexy parts though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes!
      Eh, who needs that *says the skimmer*

      Delete
  13. LOL, that cover is awesome and the fact that you need more, tells me I need to explore this series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of the books in this series, but I love your enthusiasm for it and the fact that you didn't want it to end says a lot. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would read this book, for no other reason, then I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nooooooo! Why does it have to end?!! OH GOD WHY???...just kidding. I don't even know what this series is about. Lol. Just thought I'll support you in your time of need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ;)
      It's about vamps, weres, goblins and action

      Delete
  17. I have had this series in my TBR pile for a long time, why have I not gotten around to opening it up?! I love steampunk! And I could really go for a series that ends on s high note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have it! You must read it!

      I do love that it's so not steampunk, but still sort of steampunk

      Delete
  18. I have seen these books around a lot, and I wish I had time to read them! I wonder if they are on audio. This sounds like my kind of series.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know it was only a trilogy. I need to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you want more... I need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh love that cover. Not tried her. One day maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa, it's been a while since you recommended a book so unreservedly :) It must be good. And it's steampunk too ... so it's going on my list. Too bad you felt kind of cheated by the end. Sometimes it gets like that... Awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I have enjoyed books, but really gone gaga..not so much

      Delete
  23. So it's only the three books? I really want to read this one.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't think I'll try these. Somehow the cover just says nope.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL! So glad to hear you loved these. I need to get the 2nd and 3rd books so I can get through them. I did so enjoy this world.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP