Wednesday 11 March 2015

A curse unbroken - Cecy Robson

The preternatural world is changing. After a massive magical throwdown tore apart the established order, the dark elements are rebuilding their ranks unopposed. Celia Wird’s world is changing, too. She’s the mate of the pureblood were Aric, and his Warriors are honor-bound to protect her family as she and her sisters recover from unimaginable horrors.

Celia hesitates to reveal the true extent of the Wird sisters’ trauma, but they aren’t the only ones keeping secrets: Aric and the werewolf Elders are tracking a stone that grants limitless power. So is a tough coven of witches. Then Misha, a master vampire with his own plans for the stone, sends Celia after it. Can she and the vamps beat both the weres and the witches to the treasure before it falls into the wrong hands?

Fearing for Celia’s safety, Aric begs her to stay out of the hunt. What they don’t realize is that they’re the ones being hunted. But Celia’s ready to prove that she’s not easy prey. 

My thoughts:
This book was not as brutal as the last one. Well with that I mean poor Celia was not abused as much as in the last one. But, poor girls, they still have to fight for their lives.

Everyone is still shaken after what happened. But life moves on. There is a mythical stone to find and something fishy is going on.

First, the end! I liked how this ended :) and it was Celia's last book, but I like how we left her. I am happy now. After all the struggles!! But then again, her sisterÅ› books are coming and I doubt bad things will stop coming after them.

There is action, romance, fear of heartbreak and promises of so much more to come. I do wonder what the big bad that is coming after them really is. Cos we have seen a lot of minions...lots of them! But what is the bigger scheme of things?...hm

Conclusion:
A good conclusion to Celia's story.

Cover
I do not like it. They used to be kick-ass, now it just looks like a pnr book

ebook, 272 pages
Published March 10th 2015 by Loveswept
Weird Girls #5
Urban fantasy romance
Netgalley

31 comments:

  1. eeeek! I cannot wait to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked my library to get these. I am not sure they are a fit for me but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy them :) One never knows

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you loved the way Celia's story ends! I have been reading so many good reviews of this from trusted bloggers and I'm super excited to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy cos at times I could not see a HEA

      Delete
  4. One day I really will give these a try. Ahhh the tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boring cover of boringness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the ending as well, but a tad bit disappointed the romantic drama was revisited. Totally agree, I like the old covers better, these new romantic covers don't work as well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was a bit overdone.

      I do not like these, they are dull

      Delete
  7. Yea, I don't like the direction the covers are heading. I still need to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, they were so kick.ass! And this series is not just pnr so why that cover?

      Delete
  8. Why haven't I given in to this author? Everyone seems to love them. But this one scares me though. I mean, what do you mean, brutal?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes...i agree it was worth all the tears, holding of breath and waiting for this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I was glad it wasn't as much difficile for Celia in this one and like you I really enjoyed the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover does seem at odds with what the book is about. I've been reading a bunch of reviews for this one, each more complimentary than the next. Which is great. I guess I'll have to make time for this series as well :) Clever review, once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like it was all romance and yada yada..not really, it's a mix.

      Delete
  12. sounds like a nice conclusion for Celia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone talks about how brutal the previous book was, I'm actually kind of terrified to read it! Less so now that this book is out though, so now I can just read both in rapid succession:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO brutal. it was almost too much to read

      Delete
  14. Authors can be so mean to their characters! At least she got a nice ending :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you these last covers are not as good as previous ones... Luckily the books are still as good. I'm also happy with the way Cecy ended things for Celia and can't wait to see what she has in store for the sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily yes :) I can look past the covers then

      Delete
  16. Yes. I was happy with the end for Celia. And I sooo can't wait for her sisters books! :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP