Tuesday 31 March 2015

A Ghostly Grave - Tonya Kappes

Four years ago, the Eternal Slumber Funeral Home put Chicken Teater in the ground. Now undertaker Emma Lee Raines is digging him back up. The whole scene is bad for business, especially with her granny running for mayor and a big festival setting up in town. But ever since Emma Lee started seeing ghosts, Chicken's been pestering her to figure out who killed him.

With her handsome boyfriend, Sheriff Jack Henry Ross, busy getting new forensics on the old corpse, Emma Lee has time to look into her first suspect. Chicken's widow may be a former Miss Kentucky, but the love of his life was another beauty queen: Lady Cluckington, his prize-winning hen. Was Mrs. Teater the jealous type? Chicken seems to think so. Something's definitely rotten in Sleepy Hollow--and Emma Lee just prays it's not her luck. 

My thoughts:
I actually enjoyed this one more than book 1 (love when that happens.) It was just such an easy book to read, suddenly I was on page 150 (love that.) Just so fun to read.

Emma is still suffering from her funeral trauma (she sees ghost and have to help them.) The townies still gossip about her and thinks she is crazy. And then there are the mean gossips, ugh, hate those. Those that try to destroy her business. But Emma is cool. She helps her ghost, investigates, and tries not to throw things at certain people.

The romance with Jack is going, just not really happening. Dang that murder investigation of his getting into way. But then slow is good.

What we then have is him investigation a murder, and her investigation the same. Her grandma is up to her usual business. The gossips are around and something is going on.

Conclusion:
A fun cozy mystery.

Cover
Nice

Paperback, 288 pages
Expected publication: March 31st 2015 by Witness
Ghostly Southern Mysteries #2
Cozy mystery
For review

37 comments:

  1. This does sound like a fun mystery, I've seen it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love slow romances too. I just finished Vision in Silver, so I know what that's like. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cozy mysteries and slow romances, so I think this will be a win for me. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read the first one, but these books sound like so much fun! I'm looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you liked this one better. I enjoyed the first well enough and I have this one in my pile. Maybe I will crack it out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi5! I loved this one too! Now I'm curious to meet or know about her next client. Chicken was sort of name dropped in the first one, the next one seems like a total stranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read the blurb so yes totally unfamiliar, I think

      Delete
  7. Hey, no romance in a cozy mystery? What's that? ;p Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow romance, still romance, but sloooow ;) LOL

      Delete
  8. hahaha sounds super original. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like when book 2 does better than book 1. That means the world was set out well too. Glad you liked this one a bit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book description cracks me up, this sounds like such a bizarre story!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, the whole, well yes it is, lol

      Delete
  11. yes it was a nice one. I liked book 2 and I have book 3 so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for this one being better than the first :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm guessing the romance will never go anywhere - if it's like other cozies I've read. I'm glad you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this cover more than the first one :) I haven't read the first book yet, though I think I've got a pretty good idea of what's going on :) It definitely seems like a nice little series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like both, but yes this one is even better :D

      Hehe ;)

      Delete
  15. Sounds a little too slow/cozy for me but cute.

    Glad this one was even better than the first.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm planning to skip first one and read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to read this based on the cover alone! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP