Friday 20 March 2015

Bayou Blues - Sierra Dean

When your sister has saved the world, you have a lot to live up to.

Genie McQueen thought she’d seen it all after helping her big sister Secret stop the Apocalypse. The dead walked, New York City burned, and things nearly went to hell in a hand basket. After it was all over, the world knew about vampires and werewolves, and Genie’s life would never be the same.

But now, three years later, someone doesn’t want werewolves or any supernatural creatures to live alongside humans. A new anti-werewolf church with a charismatic leader and a cult-like following has declared open season on Genie’s whole species. When a member of her pack is kidnapped, she decides it’s time to stop going with the flow and to step up and fight for her people.

Tagging along for the ride is a handsome troublemaker, Wilder Shaw, a pack outsider who just wants to save his brother, but will leave Genie’s head spinning in the process.

Equally troubling are the ghosts of her past she can’t quite shake, the nightmarish figures who haunt her even when she’s wide awake, and a dark magic inside her she hasn’t yet learned to tame. 

Things are about to get messy in the bayou. 

My thoughts:
First, oh those churches and sects. Here we have another crazy one that is all, death to all things supernatural! But hey people kill people everyday, but weres are just rabid animals so death to them all. See this is why we can't have nice things.

As you can see the baddies made me really upset. I am still all grrrrrr. But that is great. You need a good I hate you baddie, that you still can like while you hate him. And by like do I not mean LIKE, no I hated them, him. But emotions are good.

Genie then. She had some growing to do. Step by step and she shows her worth. I was a bit unsure about her first, she seemed so young and unprepared. But there is nothing like a crazy church leader to bring out the wolf in a woman.

We have action, baddies (well he needs mentioning again), and hints of romance.

I did not like her boyfriend, oh he was all wrong for her. Dump him! And go with the wolf instead. But then, there is that whole mate thing...who will that be?

Conclusion:
Interesting start to this series. 

Cover
I do like it, but, hm, maybe how she as before?

Kindle Edition, 247 pages
Published March 20th 2015 by Sierra Dean
Genie McQueen #1
Urban fantasy
For review

28 comments:

  1. :3 I still need to read this author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good start to a new series. "this is why we can't have nice things" lol my daughter says that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, she does? :)

      Well its' true, in many things

      Delete
  3. Sounds nice to start a new series and see the growth in her and know more to come

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds weird but I so love a villain that really pisses me off. I know you know what I mean - it's always a good thing to be emotionally involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great author can make such a difference, it was a good villain, a good villain to haaate

      Delete
  5. Zelots are some of the worst villains! I'm glad she stepped up, wimpy heroines are no fun. I hope you get your wish and she dumps the jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zelots are some of the worst villains! I'm glad she stepped up, wimpy heroines are no fun. I hope you get your wish and she dumps the jerk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too ;) Though he is nice, just boring.

      Delete
  7. I want to read the other series before I dive into this one but good to know, despite the problems you had, it was still good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do read Secret, she is awsome and that is a good intro to this world..well it is the intro but ya know

      Delete
  8. The more I read your reviews, the more I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read this! I'm loving the whole grrr business, gotta say :) And I'm already rooting for the wolf, just from reading your review - now see what you've done? The boyfriend is probably, actually, a nice boy too!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks :)

      The wolf was nice, but then I am a wolf gal. Oh and yes he was really nice, just...boring

      Delete
  10. I also wonder who will be her soul mate... I just don't want a love triangle. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Though, just break up with Cash when he already had issues. It does not feel like a love triangle like that

      Delete
  11. The wolf is always the better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo want! Glad you enjoyed it B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm. I really need to read her books. You love them so. And I love the colors on this cover. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP