Saturday 28 March 2015

Bite me your Grace and #FitReaders: Weekly Check-In March 27 2015


Sat,
Sun
Mon 30 min walk, 30 min walk, 4 km bike
Tue 1 hour yoga, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Wed 1 h zumba, 4 km bike
Thu, 4 km bike
Fri, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Sat, 1,15 h walk

Bad week. Fever on Saturday, tired on Sunday. Better, tired again,  And so it goes on. It's my sinuses, damn sinuses! I have had issues since Sep when I cleaned out this moldy storage area. It comes and goes.



.............................

England's "vampire craze" causes much vexation for the Lord Vampire of London, Ian Ashton. To save his reputation, Ian enlists aspiring authoress Angelica Winthrop without realizing she has hidden plans of her own.

Angelica Winthrop's life goal is to ruin her reputation, avoid marriage, and become a gothic authoress like her idol, Mary Shelley. To find inspiration for her new story, she breaks into the home of Ian Ashton, Duke of Burnrath, not knowing she will be coming up against the Lord Vampire of London. Romance sparks and reputations are at stake. But who knows the real difference between fact and fiction? 

My thoughts:
I do not know why, but I can still read historical paranormal romance. Huh. Maybe it's the fact that it's historical so they do not jump each other on p 2 and they did not feel insta love either. Must be.

Story: Angela wants to be ruined so she can focus on her writing.

Ian is a Duke who is trying to look normal, which is not easy since he is a vampire and there is a rumour out there that he is a vampire! Not good, there are hunters afoot.

They meet, he sees a way out of his strangeness, she not so much. They argue, and in the end they will fall in love cos that is what lovers do. 

Fun, cute. 

Cover 
He looks weird

ebook, 352 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Scandals with Bite #1
Historical romance
Own


29 comments:

  1. I haven't read many HR/paranormal mash ups. Just a werewolf one I think.

    You still look like you got a lot of workouts in despite the allergies. they're horrible here too. I can't way until the trees are done blooming.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a few, they work better than contemporary pnr ...A LOT better

      I was tired, but I tried

      Delete
  2. LOL I have loved that title. Yay for being able to read those still!

    Boo on still feeling bad. Man that sucks. Hope the week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I am not a big fan of historicals, but I do like the paranormal kinds. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rockin' the exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I love HF, but in smaller doses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the exercise despite feeling sick. Hope you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice, it sounds like a good and fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better. I thought I was coming down with another cold earlier this week, but it seemed to go away (fingers crossed it stays away!!!). Seems as though you still managed to have a pretty good week, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it stays away! I am so bloody tired of my sinuses, arghhhh

      Delete
  9. Sinuses can be horrible. I know the feeling of not being able to look down or over your shoulder because of the pain ... I feel sorry for you and hope you'll recover soon. The photos are more beautiful every week, and you can definitely see the spring setting in. The book, yeah, cute. And you nailed it - he does look weird on the cover, lol :D Wishing you lots of good health <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yes, that is why I skipped one of the zumba classes last week. Jumping, eh, no thank you!

      Slowly but it's coming...slooowly. We had snow yesterday and then it melted away

      Delete
  10. I hope you feel better soon. And hey, at least no DNF reviews this week right? :)

    Nice bird watching pics!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, none, but next week some are coming around

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry you've been feeling under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) Still good for being sickly! Hope your fever is gone.

    2) haha gotta love a vampy duke. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now it's gone, but I wanna feel awesome, now just ok

      Delete
  13. Boo to sinus and it sucks to be unwell on and off for months. I want to feel awesome too :) Is your fitbit still in warranty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bf is trying to fix it, meaning it will never get done

      Delete
  14. I have been on a break from pnr, and maybe reading a historical is the way to go. This sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't do contemporary pnr any more

      Delete
  15. Hahaha. When I saw the title in the heading I thought you were cursing the Queen. :D lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP