Thursday 5 March 2015

Knight's Shadow - Sebastien de Castell

Tristia is a nation overcome by intrigue and corruption. The idealistic young King Paelis is dead and the Greatcoats – legendary travelling magistrates who brought justice to the Kingdom – have been branded as traitors. But just before his head was impaled on a spike, the King swore each of his hundred and forty-four Greatcoats to a different mission.

Falcio Val Mond, First Cantor, with the help of fellow Greatcoats Kest and Brasti, has completed his King’s final task: he has found his Charoites – well, one at least, and she was not quite what they expected. Now they must protect the girl from the many who would see her dead, and place her on the throne of a lawless kingdom. That would be simple enough, if it weren’t for the Daishini, an equally legendary band of assassins, getting in their way, not to forget the Dukes who are determined to hold on to their fractured Kingdoms, or the fact that the heir to the throne is only thirteen years old. Oh, and the poison that is slowly killing Falcio.

That’s not even mentioning the Greatcoat’s Lament… 

My thoughts:
The story continues and the country is still going to hell, but then who wants to read about a happy peaceful place anyway.

Evil Trin is raising armies (I hate her, she is a total bitch!). The Dukes are asses. But there is always hope, a new ruler, and maybe the country can get back on its feet...or maybe not.

I actually liked this one better than book 1. I can't put my finger on what did it, but yes it was good :)

Falcio and the gang is still trying to stay alive, do good and be good. Sure Falcio can be a little too good, but I like him. Even a new member who was kind of annoying was interesting. A good group all in all.

But there are also twists and turns that I did not know what to make of. What is truly going on? And new revelations that made me want answers. But that is what the next books are about. To find out more, and that will be interesting. There is particularly one thing I wonder about. ...And of course what will happen next. I have no idea at all.

Conclusion:
Action, drama, betrayals, I do look forward to reading more. 

Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: March 5th 2015 by Jo Fletcher Books
Greatcoats #2
Fantasy
For review

35 comments:

  1. Good to hear. I liked the first book, but really suspected the best was yet to come from this series. I didn't realize book 2 was out already . . . I'll have to dig up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always surprises me when a series gets better. Which is really bad, but I am just so used to loving a book and then book 2 is meh

      Delete
  2. Yay for another good book in the series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something is off with his proportions on the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you liked this more than the last one. It's always nice when a series is getting better and better and you are looking forward to the next one. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when a second book improves upon the first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah if everything wasn't a mess it wouldn't be interesting. I love when a sequel can one up the first book! I haven't read this series, but it sounds like I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so dull. Lol, them sitting around drinking tea and talking about the weather

      Delete
  7. Falcio. Fantasy has pretty interesting names that I would NOT dare name my kid after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this one! I want it! I want it! I want it! But release date is not until June 2nd. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's out now...go here and enter to win a copy http://www.jofletcherbooks.com/blog/ ;)

      Delete
  9. It is always a good sign for a series when the secong book is stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You liked this better than book 1? Sweet! I ADORED Traitor's Blade. I'm reading Knight's Shadow right now and so far I'm still liking book one more, but I'm only about 100 pages in, plenty more to come!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then If you adored book 1, maybe this one will be just good then, I am being evil now, boo me

      Delete
  11. I wish I were into these type of books...

    Enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it's hreat that this one was better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may skip this one. IDK it is not calling my name (plus my TBR pile is to the roof)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better than book 1? Sounds great to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta love a sequel that's better than book one. That said, epic fantasy is really the cherry on top of the cake, isn' t it? Loving your review - so much in fact I'm adding this to my list. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love epic fantasy, I will always love it the most

      Delete
  16. I am glad you enjoyed this one more then the first..and yes a world going to hell is much more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope, not tempting me in the least. But I am happy you enjoy this series. I am thinking about re-reading some Raymond E. Feist books ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds good and I'll have to check out book 1.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP