Thursday 12 March 2015

Magic Breaks - Ilona Andrews

As the mate of the Beast Lord, Curran, former mercenary Kate Daniels has more responsibilities than it seems possible to juggle. Not only is she still struggling to keep her investigative business afloat, but she must now deal with the affairs of the Pack, including preparing her people for attack from Roland, a cruel, ancient being with godlike powers.

As Roland’s long shadow looms ever nearer, Kate is called to attend a gathering of leaders from Atlanta’s supernatural factions. When one of the Masters of the Dead is found murdered by a shapeshifter, Kate is given less than twenty-four hours to hunt down the killer. And this time, if she fails, she’ll find herself embroiled in a war that could destroy everything she holds dear… 

My thoughts:
Of course it was good, but was it as good as previous books? Not exactly. Close, but not close enough. Not the same squeee-ness of it all. Not the same I must finish this in a second.

Still, I love Kate, she is so kick-ass.
Curran is so grrrrrrr alpha yum!
The gang is still awesome.
I totally love Roland..what? I do! He is so I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD AND BUILD TOWERS! I mean the note at the end, awesome.
And there is non-stop action. Danger. Vampires. Creepy towers. And finally finally a meeting. i have waited for that for aaaages.

Still, not as good. Good enough. But, it's the whole, this series will surely go on forever. But I rather prefer an ending and not 100 books if there is to be a decline. However tiny.

I am still gonna give it a 4, even if it was more like..3.75. Close, but yes you heard it already.

Cover
I do like how she finally looks like herself

Mass Market Paperback, 357 pages
Published March 3rd 2015 by Ace (first published July 29th 2014)
Kate Daniels #7
UF
Own

36 comments:

  1. I love this cover too. I agree, it's always nice to see a series gracefully end rather than dragging out. I'm behind so I'm not sure how I'll feel about later books, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it enough. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, not as good ;) But good :=)

      Delete
  2. I need to start this. I'm in between reads now. I should maybe pick book 1 up. Get my shit started finally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was this time on Friday. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read the second book in the series and really enjoyed it! I can't wait to read the rest of them. It's too bad this one wasn't as amazing as the others, but I'm glad you still enjoyed it. I'm interested to see how long they'll keep writing this series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still really good though, just not as amazing. But then the previous book was OMG amazing so hard to beat that

      Delete
  5. I agree! I went back and forth but I did like the end. I can't wait to see where it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start this soon! They set the bar so high with the first books that it's hard to match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this one too Linda..Kate and Curran are such fun and I love this complicated messed up world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to read this series but got a bit behind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read the first book in this series, will probably take me forever to catch up! I liked what I read though, and the character's great.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like an exciting series. I do love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. kick-ass Kate and alpha yum ... I like haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry it wasn"t as good but I understand, I really enjoyed this one as well and I'm curious to see how the next one will be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked this a lot better than its predecessor but it definitely wasn't one of the best books in the series, for me. Excited to see how the next book fares, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What? No aaages? That's unacceptable! This is a another brilliant review - I don't know how you do it (given the many hours you spend exercising...) Where do you get the extra energy to write awesome reviews?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you are too kind!!!
      *gives cookies*

      Haha, seriously that is my life, read, write, tv and walking

      Delete
  15. I pretty much agree with your review, except I think I gave it an A- ... I LOVED the previous book and really, really liked this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, just, you know, In wanted it to be exactly as awesome as the previous one

      Delete
  16. I have to agree with your review. This one was good, but not as good as previous books. I don't know... it was missing some of the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked this one! I do love Curran so much

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still need to get to reading this one. *sigh* Life needs to take a break! lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP