Friday 6 March 2015

Neanderthal seeks Human - Penny Reid

There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse. 

My thoughts:
I wanted to read this one ever since I first heard of it. And it was good, it was weird, it was quirky and again, so weird!. Sometimes I did not understand of she was a bit daft, if he was a bit crazy, but who cares, it made it funny!

Janie is awkward, she talks too much about everything as she knows, every detail about everything..I love her. She does not see herself was pretty since she is too tall, too weird (and yes she is weird.)

Quinn is hot, he seems to be after her..or not? He is nice, protective, alpha (yes I am back to loving those). And just mmmmmmm.

A hoot. Yes the book is funny, amusing, strangely wonderfully weird. Two characters falling in love. It takes a while (cos she is weird ;) There is even a bit of drama. And stupid ex is still around and more I wont mention.

Conclusion:
All in all, fun and cute (love that word and parentheses today it seems:)

Cover
cute

Kindle Edition, 394 pages
Published March 14th 2013 by Caped Publishing
Knitting in the City #1
Contemporary romance
Own

26 comments:

  1. I love weird girls! The odder the better. Quinn is a good guy for sticking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute! I am a weird girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a weird girl? I think we all have a little (or a lot) of weird in us, so I'm looking forward to this one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot of weird but not as much as this girl

      Delete
  4. love Penny, and this series is very quirky :) Keep reading, Linda. There are all sorts of weird characters and knitting:))) So glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes your reviews sure made me want to read this one :) I was so glad when I found it as a freebie

      Delete
  5. You had me at weird! :D You sealed it with funny. Yep, putting this one on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this sounds like a fun read..and hey weird is the new cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Karina loves her books Blodeuedd, adding this series to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, she sounds dreamy, lol :) I love quirky characters and "mucho" macho alphas, so this combo is a winning one for me. I'm buying this one - thanks for opening my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quirky meets Macho, adorbs! Ohhh would make a wonderful rom com!

      Delete
  9. I love this series and after 4 books she's an "auto-buy" author for me. Glad you liked it. I have the audiobooks too and they are goooooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi patti!

      Ohh audio, aye that would be fun

      Delete
  10. I read this one awhile back and liked it. I also read second book and I remember liking it too. I've been wanting to read following books, but haven't find the time to do it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it as a freebie so I read it, but I do not have more

      Delete
  11. Aww this sounds so cute! I love when a character isn't all smooth and perfect, but a little weird. :-) I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP