Wednesday 18 March 2015

One night in London - Caroline Linden

A bargain that was all business . . . and pure passion.

Neither wealth nor beauty will help Lady Francesca Gordon win custody of her young niece Georgina, saving the girl from a cruel stepmother; she needs London’s top solicitor for that. But when Edward de Lacey, son of the powerful Duke of Durham, hires away the one man who can do the job, Francesca decides Edward himself must champion her case . . . if only she can melt the dashing lord’s stony heart.

Edward has reason to be guarded, though. London’s tabloids have just exposed a secret that could ruin his entire family. When Francesca offers a unique chance to undo the damage, Edward is forced to agree to a partnership . . . and now, each moment together feeds the flames of his scandalous longing for the passionate widow. But when Georgina disappears, fate will test them both . . . and leave their love hanging in the balance.

Paperback, 384 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Avon
The Truth About the Duke #1
Historical romance
Own

My thoughts:
How did I do those really short reviews now again...

Hero: I liked Edward, he wanted the best for his family.

Heroine: And I also liked Fran, she also wanted the best for her family but also saw reason.

Story: He needs a lawyer, she needs a lawyer. They strike a deal. They start to fall in love. There is lots of passion.

Conclusion:
Interesting to see if they get what they want, and if they get each other (duh). Of course they get each other. Too bad though that I never got to see the whole Duke thing resolved.

27 comments:

  1. Wow, that is totally an old-school romance cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty straight forward romance. What no commentary on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so short I forgot. But...I do not hate it

      Delete
  3. Oh I hate unresolved issues. Still sounds like a good enough romance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday I'm going to get back to reading historical romances. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only tried a book by the author but I liked it, I should try more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha love it! Of course they get each other. Well I am always up for a nice HEA so bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked, it's on my kindle - now I need time to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avon Swan is attacking again - run for cover! Not for me but have a lovely Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meh. I shall pass on this romance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to start writing short reviews too, but it's so difficult!!
    This author is new to me... I have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! But here I had to try cos I needed to write a quick review and post it

      Delete
  11. Totally loving the telegraphic review! :D But that cover ... am I the only one who thinks it's just a little too 90s? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP