Wednesday 4 March 2015

The truble with demons / Bewitched and betrayed - Lisa Shearin

For seeker Raine Benares, a demon infestation on the Isle of Mid couldn't come at a worse time. Already fighting the influence of the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone, Raine discovers she is also magically bonded to a dark mage and a white knight, two dangerous and powerful men on opposing sides.

Turns out, the demons want the key to unlock the Saghred. As a seeker, Raine should be able to find it first. As the axis of light and dark powers, she's a magical cataclysm waiting to happen. 

My thoughts:
I do like this light fantasy series, it's fun, and it has a hot goblin. Ok ok, yes I might have a crush on Tam, but he is delicious. Good boy Mychael is just so good and pure, yawn ;)

Anyway. Raine is in trouble as always. Now the demons want the Saghred (the evil stone linked to her). They are running amok on an island filled with tasty students. Not a good things. Get rid of demons, check. Worry about bond with two hot men, check. Stay alive...working on it.

Raine is fun, she has a nice set of side kicks, and I might just start on book 4 at once. Well I will see how long it is and maybe save it or not. It's just, after that I got no more, and after this one I do still want more.

Conclusion:
Fun series. 

Paperback, 370 pages
Published April 28th 2009 by Ace
Raine Benares, #3
Fantasy
Own


Raine Benares is a seeker. She finds lost things and missing people- usually alive. But now she's been bonde with the Saghred, a soul- stealing stone of unlimited power, and must hunt down its escapees. Especially since one of them is also hunting her...

My thoughts:
The series is still fun :) I still like Tam way too much ;=) Team Tam!!

I will try to make this short (tryyy.) Raine is busy with catching escapees since stuff happened in the last book. There is danger. She thinks about Mychael a bit. There is this stupid elf I wanna smack over the head. And everyone else is there too :)

So we have action, action, danger, a bit of romancing, and a thrilling hunt.

But now, the 5th book, I can't get a hold of it. Sad me. I want to know what happens in this series. Sure it's never awesome awesome you know, but I enjoy the lightness and fun of it all. Good fun




Paperback, 366 pages
Published April 27th 2010 by Ace
Raine Benares, #4)
Fantasy
Own

33 comments:

  1. This series is new to me. And a hot goblin?! I want to meet Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I wouldn't have guessed that the covers are of the same character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does change a lot it seems on these covers

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the second series before, it looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need to check out this series. It does look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of these books, but I'm reading her new SPI Files series! Going to start Dragon Conspiracy soon.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted that one! But BF could not find so maybe next birthday

      Delete
  6. LOL, you have me curious about the world, characters and yeah the hot goblin?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to try these one day. They do sound so fun. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're enjoying these books! Nothing worse than a declining interest on a series you were interested in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked book 1 I need to try the others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm sad for you too :( It's terrible when you get to the middle of a series and then you've got to wait for the next book... Sounds fun and a nice read, so I'm adding the series. Another interesting two reviews - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I need to meet Tam! He sounds like my kind of guy (or goblin). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A hot goblin? That's a new one. I'm glad these are still fun series for you. I never know how to review sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to imagine a hot goblin.

    I'll have to take your word for it. lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I...well honestly I can really picture him, I see him as hot, but to actually see him

      Delete
  14. I have first book on my TBR since I read your review, I just need to find to read it... I want to meet Tam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swore I commented on this....Sighs...those is my life
    *hands plate of cake over*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy you are enjoying this series, I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP