Tuesday 21 April 2015

A Dance with Danger - Jeannie Lin

A promise sworn on the edge of a sword…

After a failed assassination attempt on a corrupt general, Bao Yang is a wanted man. Taking refuge with an ally, Yang accidentally compromises the man's daughter when they're discovered alone. To save her honor, he must marry the beautiful Jin-mei immediately!

In Yang's arms, Jin-mei feels alive for the first time. She's determined not to lose him, even if it means joining his perilous mission… But when she realizes just how destructive Yang's path could be, can she convince him that their life together could be so much sweeter than revenge? 

My thoughts:
These are so fun! China over a thousand years ago. Romance, danger, fun! There is nothing like it. I have said it before, but yes what I like the best is the fact that it is set in China. It's different. It's fresh. It's good.

In this one former rebel leader Yang is on the run. He is seen with a woman. Her dad gets mad and boom! They are married. But Jin-mei does not mind. She wants more from life, and he is hot. But then there is the whole I am on the run, I can't have a wife thing.

Sure they are married, but they get to know each other after that. They fall in love after they have met and it was a nice journey to see. Also there is danger as people are after him. I do like romance and danger. I even liked quiet village life (they went though a village), because it was new to me.

Conclusion:
This is a different sort of historical romance. Broaden your horizon, and visit China. There is romance, swords and dangers to be had. 

Cover
Good

Kindle Edition, 288 pages
Expected publication: April 21st 2015 by Harlequin Historical
Tang Dynasty #5, Rebels and Lovers #2
Historical romance
Own

39 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to look for this. I'm always looking for historical fiction not set in the U.S. or England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like one fun read ! And in China ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda, I've been horrible with my blog reading but I'm trying to get back into it again. This book sounds like fun and I always love a book set in China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at the China setting my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Historical romance set in China sounds like something I might enjoy! At least it's different, which is all kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so good! I haven't read a China one really. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems familiar, you also reviewed the first book recently didn't you? It sounds like you liked this even more than book one, I'm glad!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A month a go or so :) ANd they are so fun

      Delete
  8. I think this one sounds terrific. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if this has become a series after I read the very first one, Butterfly Swords, five years ago. I even wrote a review, imagine that ;) It is here if you are curious. I remember that one as much fun, so it seems likely the novels are related to one another. Same author and set during the Tang dynasty. I think I need to carry on, more fun than a lot of paranormal if you ask me(like Cat and Bones just isn't my cup of tea - gosh I can not understand how she gets turned on with a dead body just a few meters from her).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, yup I have not read that one. Another book was my first, so I missed the first 2 or so.

      This one and the previous one are in the Tang chronicles, but they are also their own series. So read them all ;)

      LOL!. I am so over pnr

      Delete
    2. Will do :) I however need to read them accoring to year published LOL It is kind of my bookish OCD ;)

      Delete
  10. I love different historical romances than the ones we are used to getting! I've been curious about this author and now I know I should read her! Brill review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad these are working so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not much for historical romance, but I have to admit, this sounds cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fact that it's about China, I haven't tried a book like that and it must be so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this isn't the first time I'm reading about this book and it's all very flattering. I definitely have to give it a try. Because ... China! Asian culture is fascinating, right? Awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very fascinating, but then everything different is fascinating to me

      Delete
  15. Someday I will read this author, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Hey, maybe even you could enjoy this one :D

      Delete
  17. This sounds super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you enjoyed this, it does sound different. I'm not too big a fan of these kinds of Harlequins, the covers always put me off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have one of her books on my shelf and I need to read it!!
    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP