Wednesday 15 April 2015

All spell breaks loose - Lisa Shearin

I’m a seeker who found the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone that gave me unlimited powers I never wanted. Now I’ve lost the rock—and the magic it gave me—to a goblin dark mage whose main goals are my death and world domination. This is more than incentive enough for a little trip to the goblin capital of Regor with a small band of good friends, not-so-good friends, and one outright enemy. Don’t ask.

All we need to do is destroy the Saghred, kill the mage, and put a renegade goblin prince on the throne. Did I mention I’ll be doing that with no magic? 

My thoughts:
The end. I am sad, and happy. Sad that it's over. Happy that it did not drag out and turn bad, I hate when a series does that.

The stone is gone, but they need to destroy it so they go to Goblin land. Seriously, I need a pic of a goblin, the whole grey and pointy teeth thing and super hot. I need an image here. I can imagine it, and not.

Right, hot goblins, no that was not what I was supposed to say. Team Tam! But we all know Team Tam has been doing badly and been forgotten now for a few books. Sad. She is all Mycheal and I am all whatevs. Fine, they suit each other and will live happily ever after. Just, sexy goblin!

Forget Tam now. Ok, but it's hard!

Conclusion:
Anyway. Destroy the stone. Kill some goblins. Survive. Be happy. I liked how it all ended :)

Team Tam! Oh come on, stop that now. Team, TAM! Sigh. ;)

Cover
nice

Mass Market Paperback, 290 pages
Published May 29th 2012 by Ace
Raine Benares #6
Fantasy
Own

36 comments:

  1. There are some supernatural creatures that I can't see as "hot" - goblins being one of them. :) But...whatever floats your boat, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I'm alwayssad when it's the end too. I need to continue this series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey why is this post up? Sigh AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Tam! (Although I haven't read this, but I'll take your word for it) Glad that you were happy with the ending :) It's so frustrating when you're left wanting!!! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this, but I love her other series, the PSI urban fantasy. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good series. I hate when series drag on too long. I've read my share of those. I'm glad this one didn't wear out its welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear it was a nice ending

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot goblin, yup definitely need a photo of that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, more Lisa Shearin! I may have to check out the first book of this series!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, but now it's over :/
      But of course I still got those SPI ones

      Delete
  10. Let me guess... You are Team Tam?
    Someday I'll read this series... Someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? How did you guess?! Omg you must be psychic!

      :)

      Delete
  11. Yay for a series ending before you're completely sick of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sexy goblins? Yea, I want a pic of that as well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goblins...oh and it ended well..adds to wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad this series knew when to quit and ended in satisfying way rather than dragging it out forever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hot ghobnlins is what attracted my attention in her other series! Glad you enjoyed this one till the end!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP