Saturday 11 April 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: April 10, 2015 and The Selection


Sat 30 min walk
Sun 1.15 h walk
Mon 45 min walk
Tue, 1 h yoga, 8 km bike, 45 min bodycombat
Wed 4 km bike, 30  min walk
Thu 8 km bike, 1 h zumba
Fri, 4 km bike, 30 + 30 min walk

I went to a workout class on Tuesday and the teacher had a leave a bit earlier so instead of the usual stuff we did bodycombat and it was intense! And awesome! And omg I felt it the next day. 

Still fitbit less and feeling eh about it

Sun




...............................................

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My thoughts:
You know what, I thought it would be worse. I mean it still got those cringe worthy and eye rolling moments, but the story was fun :)

First America Singer *eye roll*
King Clarkson *eye roll*
8 castes *eye roll*
A reality show where the prince finds a bride *eyeroll*
Budding love triangle, sigh

But it was fun. America gets chosen. She does not wanna be there. Maxon is friendly. She misses her boyfriend. Other girls are bitches. And she is even friendly to servants! Omg. And there is danger around as rebels want something, but the world is not really explored so whatever. But I could do with crappy worldbuilding cos it was interesting. I even want to know what happens next. The whole love triangle bit. And if the country will fall apart.

Like I said, I do wonder how it all will end. 

Kindle Edition, 339 pages
Published April 2012 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2012)
The Selection #1
Dystopia,YA
Won

44 comments:

  1. A friend of mine does body combat and she loves it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sure fun and made me so tired, in a good way :)

      Delete
  2. One day I'll have to try this series after hearing so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I disliked that series!

    Lovely pictures though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well it's not awesome, but I was amused by the silliness

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure about this one... and I hate love triangles... so I think I'll keep my distance... and where are Luci's pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you one earlier ;)

      I HATE them too, but for all the cheesiness I liked it, weird

      Delete
  5. Look at you moving! I really need to follow your lead. I'm so bad. I just want to lounge and read. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the fit stats! Woo! With the Selection, that is why I have put it off on reading it. All the eye rolling. :) Still if you enjoyed it, I might have to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Haha, oh the eye rolling, and it's not like i would BUY book 2, haha, no. if the library had it yes, but they do not so I will never finish this series

      Delete
  7. Wow I'm surprised you liked The Selection. The whole premise makes me cringe lol

    I worked out today but missed about 3 days because my week has been craptastic hehe

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one was more surprised than I! ;) But it still had those many many eye rolling moments

      Delete
  8. Wow you enjoyed The Selection more than I thought. I don't know why, but I expected the worst, just from some of the things I've heard about it. It seems like a love-it-or-hate-it book.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, crazy right!
      Well for me it was neither love or hate ;)

      Delete
  9. Body combat sounds intense! Great outdoor pics.
    The Selection does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of eye-rolling, but from all the reviews I have read...I still wanna check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, The Selection.... rolled my eyes so many times I thought it would roll right out of its sockets.
    But do go on with the series! It's quite entertaining to read in its own way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so cheesy and silly and eye rolling. But fun yes

      Delete
  12. Yay for another amazing week in the land of Linda-Can-Sure-Work-Out! :)) The Selection - meh. Read it, didn't really click for me, didn't pick up the sequels. There - I can do telegraphic too :) Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;)

      Hehe. Well I would not buy more, ha, no. And the library does not have them so a sequel for me seems not to happen

      Delete
  13. Will you stay fitbit-less? You had a good week!
    Never knew that book was Dystopian - just thought it was for younger readers because of cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BF never fixes it and refused to send it back so looks like that

      Delete
  14. I loved BodyCombat back in the day... it's been a long time. Maybe I should try again? What is the body of water you feature in your pics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it again, it was fun :)

      It's the gulf of Bothnia :)

      Delete
    2. Very cool! I'd love to come visit you some day!!

      Delete
  15. You did great with your work outs. I just got a fitbit about two weeks ago and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lurk on your blog and check out your fitreader challenge from time to time. Great work. I'm into fitness and stuff as well, and I'm glad to see the challenge for readers out there!

    Also, I have no interest whatsoever in The Selection, but I've seen so many people review it, and I have to say yours made me laugh out loud about it.

    Tiara @ Bibliosanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I try my best, mostly by taking a few classes and walking :D

      Hehe, thank you for that too ;)

      Delete
  17. Keep going out the workout - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are killing it with the workouts and walking! Bodycombat ... OMG I think that would actually kill me ;) Loved your review of The Selection, I will never read it but your review ... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      Oh it was awesome! And I was so sore

      Delete
  19. Bodycombat? That does sound intense! OMG your reaction to The Selection is perfect and pretty much the exact way I felt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your pictures B, someday I will visit you ...

    I wish Rameau would review this book, that would be fun ... Can you make her read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will so drag you out in the woods for a 2 hour walk then ;)

      Gods, that WOULD be fun

      Delete
    2. O yes please, take me for a walk and show me those gorgeous sights :)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP