Saturday 4 April 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: April 3, 2015 and DNF time is back


Sun 1 h walk, 30 min walk
Mon 45 min zumba toning, 8 km bike
Tue, 15 min walk, 1 hour workout class, 8 km bike
Wed, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Thu, 1 h walk, 4 km bike
Fri, 1.20 h walk

Got back into things, but boo, zumba was cancelled on Thu cos it was, whatever Thu is called, and the yoga teacher was sick on Tue :/


DNF time


I tried my best, I loved book 1. But this one was so BORING. Nothing happened. She went to a place, found a halfie. Drama
She went to another place, halfie, drama.
She went, yes you see my point.
Read a review to see spoilers. Oh, that was the end? F it. I am glad I dnf:ed.


I did not like it, and then the rape came. I do not need that as a plot device. 

Also this was to be UF, this felt very pnr from the little I read. And we all know I am quite over that. I guess she hooked up with vamp guy at the end and lala forgot her horrid experience.

No.


I started reading and was all this is so boring! DNF
Then I read the blurb, and thought, fine I will push through a bit. But even when she came to the fantasy land I was all sigh, she is rather stupid, they are rather stupid. Why bother.

31 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I wasn't the only who couldn't finished Shadow Scale.
    Good work this week... but... where are Luci's pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're obviously very fit. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a pretty solid workout this week even though Zumba was canceled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a lot of DNFs this time around :D

    Pretty pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad about Eternal Vows. That cover is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again with the insane amount of exercising! Well done *applause, applause* Don't know the last two books, but Shadow Scale...hm. I think you're naturally drawn to books with energetic plots, and the Seraphina series is all about the writing. I know lots of people who couldn't take to Maggie Stiefvater for the same reason. I think it can be a challenge, drawing enjoyment in a book from the crafting of the phrases. Marcel Proust, for instance, in A la recherche du temps perdu has phrases that are one page long. It takes a lot of time to get through a page :) But many people find it rewarding. Loving your thoughts and take-no-prisoners attitude though :) You keep me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Seraphina! It was so good, but damn I was soooo bored here.

      And I love writing and language, but here, nothing to enjoy. Nothing to get lost in. I can't just have words, cos yes I need a story too

      Delete
  8. Boo on the dnfs. Bummer you've had so many lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are those geese in the pic? Love your walks as always! Boo for dnfs... I really hope I enjoy Shadow Scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swans :)
      And thanks!


      I hope you enjoy it :/

      Delete
  10. The DNF's sound pretty bad - especially that second one :-((

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I can dnf, cos to go through them all... 0_0

      Delete
  11. I was curious about Queen of Shadows and it's in fact in my wishlist. Now I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you would like it...but then I read reviews for future books and NO WAY

      Delete
  12. Your DNF of Shadow Scale is so sad, but you're the second person I know who did. Not looking optimistic for when I'm going to read it soon, but here's still hoping! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just not get into it :(

      But maybe you will like it...hopefully

      Delete
  13. Is there still snow where you live ? I've been complaining on the grey/rainy weather all week so today, of course, the sky is blue and the sun is shining ! At last, we deserved it. Sorry about the DNF, hope the next will be better ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes and goes. No snow, snow, no snow, ice, snow, I am tired of it

      Delete
  14. Hope all the classes get back to normal for you

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did good!! Nice photos too but omg you still have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pics again! Bummer that zumba was cancelled. I love that. :-) Sorry to hear Shadow Scale didn't work for you. It did for me, but I agree it is slow and takes it's time getting going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just do not know what went wrong with it :(

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP