Monday 20 April 2015

Iron Night - M.L.Brennan

Underachieving film theory graduate and vampire Fortitude Scott may be waiting tables at a snooty restaurant run by a tyrannical chef who hates him, but the other parts of his life finally seem to be stabilizing. He's learning how to rule the Scott family territory, hanging out more with his shapeshifting friend Suzume Hollis, and has actually found a decent roommate for once.

Until he finds his roommate’s dead body.

The Scott family cover-up machine swings into gear, but Fort is the only person trying to figure out who (or what) actually killed his friend. His hunt for a murderer leads to a creature that scares even his sociopathic family, and puts them all in deadly peril. 

Keeping secrets, killing monsters, and still having to make it to work on time? Sometimes being a vampire really sucks. 

My thoughts:
Wow, I really like this series! Yay for a new good series found! Oh no, there is the despair, what if it turns bad? Nooooooo! Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

Fort is a bit more kick-ass now than in book 1. His brother had been training him. And I liked to see the growing he did. Become more sure of himself, being able to take charge. But he still has a lot of growing to do.

And we found out why he still is human...but I can't say more about that. Back to the story.

A murderer is loose and Fort wants to find that person, thing or whatever. It leads him to something big, so it's good he has his side-kick kitsune with him. And Suze is awesome, so sure of herself, kick-ass and just cool.

I can't say anything about the bad guy..bad guys..bad ones..but cool. I liked it. I really liked. But then I like that..which I can't say.

It was nice to see more of the family dynamics too. I actually like his brother now, and even his insane sister.

Conclusion:
So yes of course I recommend it and I need more.

Cover
Nice

Mass Market Paperback, 305 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Roc
Generation V #2
Urban fantasy
Own

46 comments:

  1. Wow. At first I was unsure when reading the blurb...but it sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unsure too and then I started this series :)

      Delete
  2. and he has a head ;) ... sounds like a series I'd like

    ReplyDelete
  3. and he has a head ;) ... sounds like a series I'd like

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this one around and I've been wanting to read it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many great things about this series. It's on my "wish list."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh a new series for me to check out - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes this series is soooooo good! Read the next, read the next!!!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. The family dynamics sounds well done and like I could enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they all hate each other but oh well ;)

      Delete
  9. I love this series too and I have to agree with you, Fort is a lot better in this book than first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still liked him back then, but growing is good

      Delete
  10. I like the sound of the family dynamics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I followed the author on Twitter and I didn't realize that he or she is one snarky dude. So I have a feeling I would love This series

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are enjoying this series, Linda! I'll definitely start it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, think happy thoughts for a newly discovered series!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol. Happy thoughts, Blodeuedd. :) Glad you are enjoying it so much. I have the first two books on the shelves and would like to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He has a head and clothes on the cover! What sort of trickery is this?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always fun to find new series to like. I hope it just gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes I really like this series, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I'm gonna need to try these. Noms on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. From reading the blurb, I wouldn't have gone for it, but given your enthusiastic review, I'll throw this into my pile. I haven't read this author before and I've got a feeling I should :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit unsure too, but everyone liked it so I tried it and yes it was amazeballs

      Delete
  20. This is the last book I read from this series, but I'm hoping to read the next one before book 4 comes out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Insane sister is my favorite part actually. Love this series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now you have me adding this series...i do love some kick-ass characters

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the second -- loved the first!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have me wishing I didn't dislike urban fantasy as much as I do. I know there are books I would like, but I've been burned so many times in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But UF is so good! Though I hear ya, I am burned out on pnr

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP