Tuesday 7 April 2015

Jinn and Juice - Nicole Peeler

Cursed to be a jinni for a thousand years, Leila nears the end of her servitude—only to be bound once again against her will. Will she risk all to be human?

Born in ancient Persia, Leila turned to her house Jinni, Kouros, for help escaping an arranged marriage. Kouros did make it impossible for her to marry—by cursing Leila to live a thousand years as a Jinni herself.

If she can remain unBound, Leila's curse will soon be over. But Ozan Sawyer, a Magi with the ability to See, Call, and Bind jinn has other plans. 

Oz needs Leila to help him penetrate Pittsburgh's steel-soaked magic, a juice potent but poisonous to supernatural creatures, in order to find a missing girl with her own mysterious connection to Kouros. Unfortunately for Leila, becoming Bound to Oz may risk more than just her chance to be human once more—it could risk her very soul...

My thoughts:
Poor Leila, cursed to be a Jinni, to serve her masters as they see fit. But when the book starts she is free and hoping to stay so since her curse will be ending soon *fingers crossed*.

But what kind of book would that be? A boring one. So insert a Magi that needs help and that needs a Jinni. He finds her, he binds her, she is pissed! But then who would not be. She is his slave.

But ;) of course these two are slowly gonna think, huh, he/she is hot. There is romance after all in this book. And the Magi is really nice, and Leila is hot. But slowly. Nothing is really happening in this book. They have time. There are more books.

Ok so I told you about the hint of coming romance. Now let's talk about the danger. First, find a kidnapped teen. Second,  what is going on? Why are people gunning for them? A race against the clock. Tick tock, in more than one way.

I liked the jinni mythology, that was great, honestly I could have read only that. I like interesting world building and I have not seen a lot of Jinnis around.

Conclusion:
Interesting start, I'd like to see more

Cover
Nice

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Published April 7th 2015  by Orbit
The Jinni #1
Netgalley
Own

33 comments:

  1. That series looks good ! I recently read about a djinn too, Summoned by Rainy Kaye - funny and excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you enjoyed this too! I can't wait for the next book. Our Magi is so meek but very sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued with the romance you implied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was waiting to see reviews of this one to decide if to read it or not. Now, I think I'm going to wait for reviews of second book to decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be better, it was good, but not spectacular

      Delete
  5. I want to get this one. I do enjoy Nicole's books, and this one is set in a local city too. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh interesting........poor girl...I would be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a copy of this book and I am hoping to get some free time this month so I can fit it into my reading schedule. It looks so interesting and fun!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it has possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I was so curious about this one, I want to try too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Opinions seem to be divided on this one. The jinn mythology interests me too, because it hasn't been extensively explored in fiction as yet. And decent world building is hard to come by... Loving your review - great way to start my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone really should explore it more in depth :)

      Delete
  11. I love the cover - maybe the book won't be so bad too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would I recommend it to you..eh, no, you are scary, and would eat it

      Delete
  12. I like the purple and blue of the cover, but, erm - it looks like she's standing on a crotch (legs upward).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this book around recently a lot and I'm thinking it would be a me book. Definitely going to pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really interesting. I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liked the Jinn bits and the possibilities for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'll wait for the second book reviews before I decide to jump in to the series.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP