Tuesday 14 April 2015

The royal we - Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

American Rebecca Porter was never one for fairy-tales. Her twin sister Lacey was always the romantic, the one who daydreamed of being a princess. But it's adventure-seeking Bex who goes to Oxford and meets dreamy Nick across the hall - and thus Bex who accidentally finds herself in love with the eventual heir to the British throne. Nick is everything she could have imagined, but Prince Nicholas has unimaginable baggage: grasping friends, a thorny family, hysterical tabloids tracking his every move, and a public that expected its future king to marry a native. On the eve of the most talked-about wedding of the century, Bex reflects on what she's sacrificed for love -- and exactly whose heart she may yet have to break. 


My thoughts:
Kate meets William and finally love conquers everything. Oh wait, I mean Rebecca meets Nicholas and live happily ever after. Yes it was Kate and Will fanfiction. Sure it was fun, but it would have been even better if it had not been so obvious. The cold dad, the are they bastards? The queen. The exes. The playboy mooning younger brother. Kate's sister, oh I mean Bex's sister. Change more things.

Hey I already told the entire story! Bex meets Nick. He is the crown prince of England. She is an American student with a dad who invented this sofa and made them rich. They become friends, they become more. But oh no! The drama of the royal family. Those damn paparazzi! The damn judging public! Would I chose the live she chose? Gods no. Always in the eye of the public. Everyone else dictating what you can do and can't do. People telling you how to dress. No fun!

Anyway you know the story. You know how it will end. Though I must say yes it ended with sort of a question mark. Is another book coming? Cos..something was brewing on the horizon. Something not in the story you all know.

Conclusion:
It was a fun, cute romantic book.

Kindle Edition, 464 pages
Published April 7th 2015 by Grand Central Publishing
Contemporary romance
NG

36 comments:

  1. I feel that I get my dose of this royal couple in the media. I would say I am a bit of a royalist, at least when it comes to our modern Norwegian Royal family - great ideals, not a Henry the VIII royalist though ;)

    That being said fan fiction about them might not be my cup of tea. Glad you enjoyed it though, nothing like a fun and charming read. Happy Tuesday, B :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I am a bit of a royalist too :) And we do not even have a monarchy :)

      It was weird. I would have loved originality instead

      Delete
    2. Hey, you should start a Bloduedd for Queen campaign then ;)

      Delete
  2. I think my mom would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Kate and Will fanfic. I could get into that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Lauren, I had no idea such a thing as Kate and Will fanfic existed, but I could read it for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a book that would interest me. As soon as I see Kate and William on tv I switch the channel ;p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO could not seeing you read this book

      Delete
  6. The uncertain ending might bother me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ehh... it sounds like it was predictable and I don't like the cover. Why don't they have eyes? Creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it was predictable, it was about will and kate ;)

      Delete
  8. I saw this a lot on Instagram last week and I wondered what it's about. It sounds cute, but I have to pass. There is nothing really new to find here

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover's not really doing it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I feel about reading fan fiction about the royals, but this does sound cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fan-fiction with the Royal family...what fun. This sounds like a nice escape read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe she shoulda switched it up. A princess and a man. Oh dear. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not give her a sister
      Do no give him a brother
      Make the parents happy, make her poor. Boom! Different

      Delete
  13. Sounds a lot like the show the Royals I blogged about today.

    I had read a great review about this other day but now I think the show is enough for now.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it that one obvious Will and Kate? or just Royals ;)

      Delete
  14. Oh I didn't think of it as Kate/Will fanfic- now its totally clear! I think it sounds super cute though will have to look at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds cute but might have worked better if it wasn't so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would have been so much better than

      Delete
  16. I saw today in a tweet that it was on sale for $9.99 in ebook format. Erm, how much was it BEFORE the sale!?! Ah, no thank you. I can't afford that for an ebook. And sounds like the same sort of story as the movies and other stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy! I could pay that for print but ebook, no way

      Delete
    2. That was my thought too! I was shocked when I saw it.

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP