Thursday 16 April 2015

Vengeance of the Demon - Diana Rowland

Demon summoner Kara Gillian is on the wrong side of the law, and there's evidence to prove it. Too bad the courts don't accept "fighting demonic forces" as justification for murder and mayhem.

Yet Kara has problems that go way beyond her legal woes. When the enemy demonic lords spur their human accomplices into high gear, master summoner Katashi aggressively pursues their goal to establish a permanent gate between Earth and the demon realm. To hell with the consequences for humanity.

The line between ally and enemy blurs as Kara gathers the remnants of her posse to prevent a devastating demonic incursion, but a shattered trust may cost them the war and put Kara behind bars. With treachery rife, and her loved ones in danger, Kara must call upon the essence of who she truly is in order to rally back from a crushing loss.

And if she can't, the world is going straight to hell. 

My thoughts:
This one felt like another filler. Sure, it was still good, just, filler. The only thing happened is that Jill gives birth, no surprise there. After all there is a baby on the cover.

The bad peeps are still bad.
The good peeps are still good.
Kara is in trouble after the last book. Someone saw her and that is not good so she is under investigation.
Zach is hiding. Jill is soon to pop. Ryan is avoiding her. And I am all, hey where did all the man candy go? Suddenly she had no love life at all. Pooh!

But yes filler. Stuff happened. But nothing big truly happened. There are still a lot of questions. I still want soooo many answers. And I do look forward to the next book. I just hope, it will not be another filler.

Cover
awesome

Mass Market Paperback, 405 pages
Published April 7th 2015 by DAW
Kara Gillian #7
UF
Own

36 comments:

  1. Fillers can be annoying/disappointing. I felt that Charlaine Harris had several fillers in her Southern Vampire Mysteries series.

    I think there might have sneaked in a few extra letters in your headline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn it! How did that happen?

      I gave up on those, cos yes fillers

      Delete
    2. I need to finish it, just a few books left(two I think). I was wondering if you wanted to write Kara after Rowland, the letters fitted ;)

      Delete
  2. That cover is scary! O.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filler books are always tricky. They can be good but it's disappointing to get to the end and realize that not much really happened :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :/ I do hope the next one turns awesome again

      Delete
  4. Ah, bummer, I should be reading it soon :( Oh well, it should be quickly done !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo - I hate when that happens in a series.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this book around and was also several opportunities to read it, but I haven't read the previous books. If it was mostly filler though, I'm glad I didn't pick it up. Sorry it wasn't great :(

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 mostly filler books in a row, so yeah you did not miss a lot

      Delete
  7. A filler book... LAME!... the cover actually gives me the creeps. Screams Rosemary's baby or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I LOVE the cover. Dos Santos is a genious

      Delete
  8. Oh boo. Don't you hate that? What's the point of everything if the plot is not going to move at all?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series sort of lost its appeal when Kara went to the demon realm. When the third dude (man candy) showed up, I just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I loved that! I loved the demon realm. Well now she has no men

      Delete
  10. Filler is okay now and again for me but not too often in a series. And whoa the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the next one is a filler too then I will despair

      Delete
  11. Filler are okay sometimes to tide you over until the next book- but overall, something usually needs to happen.

    That is one creepy cover!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome, and creepy :D

      Yes something has to happen

      Delete
  12. Um, that cover is SO creepy. And filler, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're ahead of me I need to read the previous book

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome cover and its filler..well boo. I do like this author though

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover is amazingly creepy, right? :) Great. Too bad about the filler-y feeling, though. I'm sure next one will be even better! Have a beautiful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Filler books bum me out, I always want more plot and action with my favorite series characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, I do not like fillers. Sure I could enjoy this but yeah, more was wanted

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP