Thursday 2 April 2015

With Good Behavior - Jennifer Lane

In a world gripped by organized crime, family dysfunction, and dim hopes of redemption, can true love persevere? For Sophie Taylor, a beautiful psychologist who lost everything when she violated an ethical boundary, and Grant Madsen, a handsome naval officer who sacrificed everything to protect a loved one, finding that love may carry an unbearable cost. Starting their lives over in Chicago, both are fighting influences from their family and running as fast as they can to escape the past. When their paths cross outside the parole officer's door, the attraction is instantaneous. But a hidden connection may not only shatter their fledgling love, but prove deadly to them both. 

My thoughts:
Ugh, I forgot that I was meant to write a review, ok let's make this quick.

Sophie was a shrink to went to prison. A rich girl who was stupid and did nothing wrong. Let people help you!

Grant on the other hand was a navy guy from a mafia family. He also made a mistake..LET PEOPLE HELP YOU! So he also went to prison cos he was an idiot.

They meet, start to see each other and falls in love. But oh oh, Grant's mafia family! Oh oh Sophie's secrets.

Seriously people, if you had had the talk then all those issues would have been worked through. Getting help is not bad. Grant's mafia family were so over the top Italian.

The flashbacks, too many! I grew tired of them. Without them the book would have been half as long.

Conclusion:
But hey, all in all, I enjoyed reading this book. 

Cover
ok

ebook, 410 pages
Published July 1st 2010 by Omnific Publishing
Conduct #1
Contemporary romance
Own

27 comments:

  1. The cover is certainly eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst the cover for me isn't as eye catching as I go for. It certainly sounds like a nice romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flashbacks that aren't well integrated drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah. I hate when there are too many flashbacks. I like them...but it needs to be balanced; My old show LOST got bad with too many flashbacks near the end there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take flashbacks, but here they kept coming and coming and coming

      Delete
  5. Nice cover, but I probably would be annoyed at flashbacks, plus I wouldn't like a male protagonist who goes to jail because he's an idiot! :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that he was scared, but tell the cops

      Delete
  6. Flashbacks are annoying. Just get to the present timeline already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too bas the flashbacks but at last you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hrms. With the bad flashbacks and cover (sorry not for me!) I'm thinking this isn't the one for me. Good it at least was entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, but would not look at it twice

      Delete
  9. Your conclusion is priceless!!! :P You should write all your reviews like this - telegraphic is definitely your style. Haven't read this one, but I'm not crazy about the whole let's-put-the-narrative-on-hold-for-yet-another-flashback thing, so... Another awesome review, Linda, to brighten my day :) Keep them coming, you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes she put the narrative on hold in the strangest situations. I was all really, you have time to dwell on that right now?

      And as always awwwww thanks!

      Delete
  10. Your short, sweet reviews rock; as a reward there is a little surprise on our blog, right for you ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Probably not for me. And 400+ pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it felt like the flashbacks were there to make more pages

      Delete
  12. It's not for me, I guess, but I'm glad you enjoyed it after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think this book is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm different ... not sure about stupid people, as long as they are not the "too stupid to live" kind lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP