Thursday 14 May 2015

ARC The royal affair - Jane Beckenham

She’s on his turf, but she’s not giving up the reins that easily.

All her life, Princess Marina Palmera toed the family line—until she fell for JonasWilder. Their whirlwind affair broke her heart when he left without a word.Devastated, Marina defied convention to build her love of horses into a thrivinginternational business. But now the bloodstock auction has brought her to New Zealand.The turf of the one man she doesn’t want to see.Jonas was once under Marina’s exquisite spell, until a single phone call brought himback to brutal reality. While he dallied with the princess, a car crash killed his ex-wife and robbed his little daughter of her voice. Blaming himself, he has vowed that nothing will ever again distract him from caring for his child.But when a chance meeting and the child’s love of all things “princess” draws her from her silence, Jonas will make any sacrifice to keep her words flowing. Question is, can he keep Marina in his life for his daughter’s sake—and keep his heart from tearing down the walls between them?

Warning: Contains a brassed-off princess, and a sexy Kiwi horse breeder. And a wildhelicopter ride that leads to a hot night in the wilds of the New Zealand bush. 

My thoughts:
So this book is to be archived soon, so I guess I have to review it 2 months earlier...

There is not a lot to say since it was a novella. And I must say, I do think it would have worked better as a book. There the characters could have evolved, we would have experienced the love story more and etc. Now the end was hurried.

Jonas and Marina met 4 years ago and had a whirlwind romance, that ended. Now they meet again. She no longer a party princess, instead she owns and buys horses.  And it is quite a famous stable.

Yes the sparks are still there. I just wish there had been more of their romance. Now it did not have a lot of space. They meet again. His kid who has been silent for 4 years starts to talk again cos Marina is a princess...ok wait a second. That meant she stopped at 2, her language was not near where fully developed at that age. And now just after like a day she speaks very well...hm. I did not think of that before writing this. Sure she has kick ups, but it she stopped at 2 so should be way worse. Anyway Marina likes the kid.

And then we get the spot of romance and then they fight to be together one last time. See that is the part I wanted more of. More falling in love again, more drama, more of everything. 

Conclusion:
It could have been a good book. Now it was still a good novella, but one I wanted more of.

Cover
ok

ebook, 119 pages
Expected publication: July 14th 2015
Contemporary romance
NG

29 comments:

  1. The kid talking well after not talking would throw me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books like this that are around 100 pages are always tricky - not long enough to be called a novel but also longer than your typical novella. It's too bad this one felt short in terms of overall development:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. it's a tough line and it happens all the time

      Delete
  3. I've been loving novellas lately but sometimes you just need more to round out the story fully.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's the thing about novellas. We're not given that much time to really get to know the characters. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that is always the problem I seem to have with novellas not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always seems like such a waste when something that could function as a novel ends up being a novella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a tad disappointing when it could have been more :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still jealous you had Thursday off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least it was good. Yeah the books are archived really early so I confess I take them a read them later. closer to the release date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but then could I even post my review on ng?

      Delete
  10. Not for me, I guess, so I'm glad you read it for me and allowed me to avoid it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like rushed ... anything! It's why I'm afraid to go for novellas, because I think it would be like leaving the table before I'm full. But, yeah, this one sounds interesting, if rushed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I mostly try to stay away, here I did not know

      Delete
  12. Those are the reason why sometimes I try to avoid novellas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like him for leaving her like that, why not explain it? He would have to do a lot of graveling for me to forgive him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was an explanation. His ex was in a car crash with their daughter and the ex died.- Ok go home, but sheesh, keep in touch

      Delete
  14. Novellas frustrate me, always leave me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP