Saturday 23 May 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: May 22, 2015 and DNF time


Join in :D

Sat. 1.20 h walk, 4 km bike
Sun, 1.15 h bike
Mon, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Tue, 8 km bike, 1 h workout class
Wed, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Thu, 4 km bike 
Fri, 4 km bike and 30 min walk
Sat, 45 min walk and 30 min walk

The workout class was brutal. I thought we would be outside so I was sweating and trying to take it easy, still my abs felt it the next day.

Thursday was bad though. But I came home, I baked, I cleaned and then guests so no time. But good time to rest my foot...stupid foot.


...................

DNF time.

Blah blah blah
Blah blah Blah
me kick ass woman
Blah Blah Blah

Called it quits at 70

I was all what? Oh I do not care. This book is weird. DNF









I was SO bored. Honestly, I was bored already on page 1 *yawns*
I get it, it's set in Japan, oh wait "Japan inspired" where people talk English and put in a few Japanese words here and there.

And the infodumps, no, that is not the way to write it. You do not have to cram something into every sentence

I have wanted to try his books for ages, but I just could not get into it. Bored, too out there.


I should have read book 1, this did not work. What a whiny character.




31 comments:

  1. Workout class? I thought no classes until Fall. I hope you enjoy it - "no pain, no gain!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a free class that started when the others ended :) The national health institution together with this fit for life thing made it happen

      Delete
  2. I need some ab exercises. I hope your foot is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the foot, hope it heals quickly. I need to get my bike down and get the tired pumped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the wind stops so I can bike more

      Delete
  4. 1) Damn...a workout class? I need one of those. And sorry about your poor foot!!
    2) Meh. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no worries, it has been hurting since 2014. Some days are worse

      Delete
  5. Aw, I actually enjoyed Stormdancer after getting past the long paragraphs of flowery prose.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just could not do it, would have taken ages. Too bad

      Delete
  6. AH yes leigh Evans is quite tricly without book 1, and I need a lot of chapters to get into the story each time. sorry they weren't for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It so does not sound like a book for me then

      Delete
  7. Great job at staying fit. :)

    Stormdancer is such a popular book. I tried starting it more than five times but never made it more than a couple of pages. As you said it, I was bored from page 1...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      5 times!? Omg that is a lot 0_0 I am glad I was not alone

      Delete
  8. You did great with exercise! Loved your pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your progress with exercising. I'm still trying to get 10,000 steps with my Fitbit. I only did that once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oy. I should do what you do and DNF books that waste my valuable reading time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel so much better afterwards :)

      Delete
  11. What kind of workout, Linda? Sorry about the DNFs, but if they don't work, they don't work. Your week was still way better than mine, bum leg and all. I only worked out a couple of times, ugh! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm-up, abs, shoulders, the normal stuff

      Thank you. I try, even if it pains me

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear you were bored with Stormdancer, seen it around a lot. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty pics! Not read any of those books but I typically love Jaci. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG you are a machine ... you ride and walk in the prettiest spots. Hope your foot feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your DNF reviews crack me up! "blah blah blah me kick ass woman" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What happened to your foot? I hope you're okay. Bummer about the DNFs. Oh well, on you go. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP