Monday 18 May 2015

Historical romance x2: Seven Nights in a rogue's Bed and The way to a Duke's heart

Desperate to save her sister's life, Sidonie Forsythe has agreed to submit herself to a terrible fate: Beyond the foreboding walls of Castle Craven, a notorious, hideously scarred scoundrel will take her virtue over the course of seven sinful nights. Yet instead of a monster, she encounters a man like no other. And during this week, she comes to care for Jonas Merrick in ways that defy all logic—even as a dark secret she carries threatens them both.

Ruthless loner Jonas knows exactly who he is. Should he forget, even for a moment, the curse he bears, a mere glance in the mirror serves as an agonizing reminder. So when the lovely Sidonie turns up on his doorstep, her seduction is an even more delicious prospect than he originally planned. But the hardened outcast is soon moved by her innocent beauty, sharp wit, and surprising courage. Now as dangerous enemies gather at the gate to destroy them, can their new, fragile love survive? 

My thoughts:
I must say that they were both kind of idiots, but hey they were idiots who fell in love with each other.

Sidonie is a virgin. Now why is this important? Well her sister is a gambler with a debt and Sidonie takes over the debt. Wow, you are nice. You think you are going to spend the week with a monster who could beat and rape you. Sorry sis, you are on your own. But Sidonie is way too nice. Ok sure, her sister is married to an asshole but still...

Jonas is the monster in question. He has a scar, ohh, scary! He is a bastard, but ok that I get, the ton was cruel. His title went to his asshole cousin. But Jonas has all the money (so stop complaining.) But he still wants revenge on his asshole cousin (who totally deserves that.)

So the virgin meets the monster and the monster is really nice. Sure he wants to smex that, but he is nice and tries to seduce her instead. And this is a  HR so we all know he will get to that. I think that was the only boring part in the book, they had like smexy times for 80 pages. Seriously! The book could have been 80 pages shorter. I skimmed that. I do not need 80 pages.

Ok so yes she was an idiot for being that kind. And then for being all, but oh I will not marry ever. He cos of his whole revenge thing. But they were idiots together who fell in love.

Oh and I so did not like the sister, ever. She had no redeeming qualities. 

Conclusion:
Kind of a beauty meets beast book. 

Cover
No scar in sight

Mass Market Paperback, 385 pages
Published September 25th 2012 by Forever
Sons of Sin #1
Historical romance
Own

Charles de Lacey, Lord Gresham, is running out of time, running from his responsibilities, andrunning from love.

Destined to be a duke, Charles de Lacey has led a life of decadent pleasure, free of any care for propriety or responsibility. It comes as a terrible shock to learn that he might be stripped of everything, thanks to his father's scandalous past. He has no choice but to find the blackmailer who would ruin him—and his only link to the villain is a woman who may be part of the plot…

To save his fortune and title, he vows he'll stop at nothing—in fact, he's all too eager to unravel the beautiful, tart-tongued Tessa Neville. She intrigues him and tempts him like no other lady ever has. With only his heart to guide him, and keenly aware that his entire future is at stake, Charles must decide: is she the woman of his dreams, or an enemy in disguise? 

My thoughts
I read book 1 not that long ago, and was all, hey what about the mystery? Aye it took book 3, the last book, to find out.

Charles is about to lose his dukedom if he is a bastard. Yes that if part is the question. Was his dad married before and when did that wife die? Was he married to two women? Ohh the plot thickens and I got my answers.

Back to Charles, he finds a lead and that lead leads him to a beautiful smart woman named Tessa. Is Tessa the one blackmailing them, or?

Charles, I was not a fan of him in book 1, but here I got to understand why he was like he was. And I did like him. As for Tessa, of course I liked her too. She was smart and her family said she thought like a man. Well good for you.

They meet. She is annoyed by him. He is intrigued. They start to fall for each other. Oh you know the history ;)

Conclusion:
A fun romantic story. 

Cover
nice

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by Avon
The Truth About the Duke #3
Historical romance
Own

37 comments:

  1. haha good review. I liked book 2 in Anna's Sons of Sin series better than this one. I need to read book 3 and 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woman on the cover of DUKE looks way too modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first review cracked me up. It sounds super cliche and silly but I can't help myself - I want to read it now lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an idiot. Can anybody fall for me? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah! No scar in sight. Hardly a beast then, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 80 pages of sex?! That's impressive and awful! At least he wasn't an evil guy, but jeez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy. They just went on and on and on. Spread it out please

      Delete
  7. The sister in the first book sounds like she needs a boot to the head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both sound pretty fun. I would have also kicked the sis in book 1 to the curb! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. A while back I read Seven Nights and liked it. I hated the sister too. I haven't read The Truth About the Duke, but sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) Ya...I get sisterly love and all, but...no. Fun premise though!
    2) :D *crunches on carrot*

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL when I first met my husband I was annoyed with him and he was intrigued by me. I'll think about this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first cover exceeds my personal level of acceptable yellow on a book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes 80 pages for the first one is a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL well the first one sounds like it needs to come home with me. My recent have been severely lacking in smexy times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your first review really made me laugh, thanks !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. 80 pages is definitely overkill :D The second one sounds much more interesting. I have a list a mile long with HRs I really need to try over the summer, yay! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice reviews B! And miraculously, I do have the first book you reviewed ;) I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha 80 pages of smexy times might be a bit too much. And where the eff is the scar? :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP