Saturday 27 June 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: June 26, 2015 and 2 reviews


Join in :D


Sat, 1 h walk, 4 km bike
Sun, 1.10 h bike
Mon, 1 h bike, 30 min walk
Tue, 1 h bike, 30 min walk
Wed nothing :/ It rained for 24 hours, but I did clean for 3,5 h
Thu, 1 h bike
Fri 1 h bike, 30 min walk
Sat, 1 h bike

Eh, I could do better


......................................

Major Sir Robert Campell is a hero to the Scots and English alike. He's revered for his prowess as a leader and a soldier. He takes control of any troublesome situation...except when it involves the beautiful English woman who stole his heart four years ago. 

Lady Claire Campbell was smitten the moment she laid eyes on Rob. Who can resist a powerful Highland Warrior in a kilt? Especially one who has the rugged face of a god and can't take his eyes off you... 

Time and tragedy have torn Rob and Claire apart, and now Rob is going to the Continent to fight a brutal battle against Napoleon and the French. Claire follows him, desperate to heal what has broken between them. But some wounds go deeper than blows Rob receives on the battlefield. And some wounds can never be healed. 

My thoughts:
This was an example on a novella that did not really work.

It happened too fast. I had no idea what went wrong between them. It all starts at Waterloo, a married couple are estranged for some reason, I did not care why, I did not really understand why...

The woman was named something, she was dull, the guy was named something, he was a highlander. And he got a new job and they lived happily ever after...and I never understood why.

Meh

Kindle Edition, 121 pages
Published August 31st 2014 by Jennifer Haymore
Highland Knights #1
Historical romance
Freebie

Someone else might crave excitement, but Dr. Natalya Pulaski was enjoying her ordinary life. Then she received a chilling call from her best friend—and the line mysteriously went dead. She felt in her bones something bad had happened. And that she had to get answers.

Detective Michael DiPalma's Friday night plans did not include working a missing person's case—or uncovering a dead body. But something about Natalya's vivid green eyes and killer curves demanded his immediate attention. As they teamed up, it was clear the walls around their guarded hearts were about to crumble. Were they brave enough to take the fall?

My thoughts:
Yawn, this one was barely ok.

A doctor gets a phonecall, her friend is dead. She will get to the bottom of this! She meets a sexy cop. He in investigates. Then they live happily ever after.

Chemistry 0
Yawns 100

I was not that impressed with this one. It was slightly better than dnf, sigh.

Kindle Edition, Silhouette Intimate Moments, 256 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Silhouette Books (first published April 1st 2007)
The Doctors Pulaski
Romantic suspense
Freebie

32 comments:

  1. lmao re: historical review. Yup, that's more scathing than saying IT SUCKED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!

    Not so good about these books, tho. Lol. Love your reviews, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second book title cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chemistry 0, yawns 100. That made me laugh! It should be a legitimate rating scale:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures...lovely.

    You had me laughing at the 100 yawns, too. At first I thought I might like the book until I read your review. Sounds boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      Yes, I would not recommend it

      Delete
  6. I love the flower pictures B! Sorry the books did not work for you at all. You really need to get back to reading fantasy, those you seem to enjoy a lot more than romances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      Oh yes! That would do the trick

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous pictures of flowers!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Linda, you live in PARADISE :) Those pics look fantastic! Still awed by your exercising - you're like that bunny from the Duracell batteries add, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thank you :)

      I try my best, well I could do better, but I try

      Delete
  9. Gah I forgot to post mine...so I shall post it Tuesday. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the flowers are lovely. You are rocking the fitness my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! You didn't even remember the name of the characters int he first one. That happens to me too - way too often :-))

    Your pics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, not a good thing, but yeah

      Thanks!

      Delete
  12. Aw bummer on the Haymore. I love her usually.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You live in such a beautiful place ! You could do better ? Cleaning for 3.5h ? If you don't have enough, you can come up and clean here, I won't complain ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can always do better :)

      Ugh yes! I am spring cleaning...a bit late but better late than never

      Delete
  14. Bummer of the stories. Keep on going with the walking and such. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP