Tuesday 30 June 2015

Summer - Sierra Dean

Cooper Reynolds has been missing for months.

The whole town of Poisonfoot, Texas believes he has run away, proving they were right not to trust him. They believe he left like his brother and father before him: another good-for-nothing Reynolds man leaving the small town in his dust. No one is looking for him.

No one but Lou Whittaker. 

Lou knows Cooper was taken, she just doesn’t know where he is or how to get him back. With the help of budding witch, Max, and an unlikely ally in her former enemy Archer Wyatt, Lou is determined to find Cooper and bring him back in one piece.

But time is running out. Summer is upon them, and if they don’t find Cooper before his 18th birthday, they’ll be bringing home a wild animal instead of their beloved friend. 

My thoughts:
I am sad that it's over, but at the same time it ended well. It did not drag out, so for that I am happy.

Cooper and Marnie was taken in book 3, and now they are gone. Who took them (we get to see that, hush hush.) The town thinks he just left (damn town!). So no one is looking for him, but everyone is looking for Marnie.

I should not say no one is looking, Lou and his family are looking. She would do anything to get him back. She is fighting for him, magically and with everything she has. But at the same time I knew, that even if she finds him, he is still doomed. In just a few weeks he will turn 18 and be a coyote forever (damn curse!) So I kept wondering, how will he be saved!? In more than one way.

There was a sadness and melancholy over this book. The curse was so darn close. That town is so darn bad. The people who have him are so darn evil.

But hey, beneath the UF and Paranormal it's still a romance, and this is the last book. It will end happily, I can tell you that.

Conclusion:
A race against the clock, and I read it fast to see what would happen. 

Cover
Cute, but it does not look like a cover for some reason

ebook, 160ish
Published June 30th 2015 by Sierra Dean
Dog Days #4
Urban fantasy romance/ YA
For review

36 comments:

  1. I would not have guessed paranormal based on that cover, but this series sounds fantastic! I'll have to check out book one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more than paranormal, so for that it fits

      Delete
  2. Oh hey. As long as you liked it. :) That's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that it had a good ending with the romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. YA paranormal romance...yeah, not my thing. And the cover is not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, luckily there is more than that, and romance in this one was pretty much non existent

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this series - and the cover doesn't say paranormal to me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the cover itself, I just feel something is missing, Not the pnr bit though

      Delete
  6. I'm waiting for my reading mood to change to read this one. I really want to enjoy it and with the way I'm feeling lately I'm not sure I will... So... later. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh pooh! Luckily this one is not too YA, cos too ugh, I just dnfed two

      Delete
  7. I am with Jenny, I would have never guesssed this was paranormal looking at the cover. I am very curious about this, I don't recall the first two books.... going to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go check :)
      Oh the cover does not need a girl in a pretty dress saying it
      s paranormal ;)

      Delete
  8. Sounds cute. I'll have to look for it. Haven't been reading much PNR or UF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good. I'm not usually a fan of YA, but I think I'll check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so late with this series, I need to read book 2

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover looks like contemporary romance. It sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good, but I don't know about the sadness. I can't handle sadness in the summer, lol :) But at the same time, I think it's great when we find a book that gets to us like that. Even if it causes sadness :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But everyone does live happily ever after ;)

      Delete
  13. Yay for an author who didn't drag things out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad this worked out well.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP