Saturday 18 July 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in July 17, 2015 and The Gentleman's impertinent daughter


Join in :D


Sat, 1 h walk
Sun, 1 h walk
Mon, 1.15 h yoga, 1 h bike, 1 h walk
Tue, 1 h bike, 30 min walk
Wed, nothing :/
Thu, 1.5 h bike
Fri, 1 h bike

I get lazy when BF is on vacay too



.....................................


When Fitzwilliam Darcy visits Hyde Park with his sister, he expects nothing more than a quiet walk on a fine day. Instead, he meets a young woman who challenges his ideas and pulls his sister out of her melancholy. He soon realizes Elizabeth Bennet is the only woman in the world with whom he could spend the rest of his life. 

Elizabeth, clever and self-assured, refuses to change for the sake of gaining a husband, a prospect she finds impossible regardless. With wit and independence rather than fortune, she is entirely convinced no sensible man would have her, and she cannot respect a fool. Can Darcy prove to be this impossible man? Or is a figure from his past an insurmountable obstacle to a future with The Gentleman’s Impertinent Daughter? 

My thoughts:
First, you all know of the "incident" last week, and if you missed it, well there was this BBA thing. But I enjoy JAFF, and no one is gonna put me off reading these fun stories. So back in the saddle. And I was gifted this one by one nice author.

I liked how this started. He had time to watch her, and not say certain things. Oh Darcy, I may love you, but you are an ass Sir.

Anyway they meet in a park. He never went with Bingley. They like each other. They meet again. Wickham does show up. But meeting at another place makes such a difference for many things.

A short novella that actually made me like Darcy more. That goes for Lizzy too when I think of it. They were not so proud and prejudiced ;)
But it did make me dislike her mother more, oh that woman.

Conclusion:
And then they lived happily ever after. Fun :)

Kindle Edition, 87 pages
Published July 16th 2014
Pride and Prejudice variation
Gift/for review



36 comments:

  1. I take Saturdays off but get in a lot of steps at work that day. Keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how many Darcy/Elizabeth books are out there. Austen probs has the biggest fanfic club in the history of literature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I have been lazy the last two weeks. BF is making me go to the gym again, so yayy (I guess lol)
    But this does sound good. I need a good PP remake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for that.
      They are so fun aren't they

      Delete
  4. Ah fun, the kitty is cute. I am one of those who haven't read about Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vacations can make me lazy too. The story sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lucie! Too cute!

    The books sounds good. It's amazing how many variations they can pull off for one book that still work.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy!
      I had the best idea the other day, ohh it came back to me now. Lizzy and the colonel marry. He dies in the war and then first she gets Darcy

      Delete
  7. It's nice that it made you love Darcy a little more there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the walking, don't get lazy! Is that your adorable kitty? :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never have enough JA ff. And I like this twist to the story - a cute what if... I don't know if I could hate Lizzy's mother more though... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! :D

      Oh yes you can, you totally can

      Delete
  10. Oh, goodness, Linda you live in Paradise! Can I come visit? :P I see that the insane progress continues on the exerting front! You INSPIRE me <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good. I usually enjoy the Jane Austen variations.

    Pretty kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed "the thing", and this sounds like a nice variation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was this "You gave me a 3! Your review sucks"
      Another joined in "You write like a effing 4 year old"

      Not those words exactly, but like that

      Delete
    2. Wow, I only had a religious nutcase/troll comment on my blog, and I deleted that one. But I have had similar comments on Amazon, and I hate them.

      Delete
  13. Hmm that doesn't look lazy to me that looks like a great week of exercise! Missed the fuss! Anyway glad you enjoyed your novella.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a Jane Austin fan *ducks and hides* but I'm glad you enjoyed!! Great work for a lazy week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha your lazy is my good week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good week in fitness!

    And I'm glad you didn't let last weeks incident deter you from other books in the setting you love. And that author was completely off her rocker. She sounds like she hasn't been around to realize you don't mess with bloggers like that. Hrumph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      Haha, yes, it sure did backfire

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP