Saturday 25 July 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in July 24 2015 and Whisper Kiss review


Join in :D

Sat, 1 h bike, 30 min walk
Sun, 1 h walk
Mon, 45 min yoga, 30 min walk, 2 h bike
Tue, 1 h walk, 1 h  bike
Wed, 40 min walk
Thu, 1 h bike, 1 h walk
Fri, 1.5 h walk

Good week. But I am annoyed. I had a visit from a twitter friend so we biked and took the car to some places around. And I forgot my camera! Nooooo! Like these awesome 700 year old ruins. I do like my pics from my walks, as you all have noticed. And my phone camera, well I also like quality (two here were with my phone, not as good)


...................

One man's mission ignites one woman's fire...

Niall Talbot has volunteered to hunt down and destroy all the remaining shadow dragons - who were weakened by the destruction of the Dragon's Blood Elixir - before they can wreak more havoc. Among them is his dead twin brother, making Niall's mission not only dangerous but personal.

Tattoo artist Rox believes the world is a canvas to be made more beautiful. An unconventional spirit who isn't afraid of anything, she doesn't even flinch when a shape-shifting dragon warrior suddenly appears on her doorstep. And as a woman who follows her heart in matters of passion, she makes the perfect mate for a firestorm with Niall... 

My thoughts:
Omg...I actually finished a PNR book! Ok so I was not all wohoo, more like between ok and good. But it gets a 3 cos I survived a PNR book and then it must be good.

It took a really long time for them to do it! *high five* Right, why am I high fiving that? Duh, cos I am tired of insta love where they do it minutes after they meet.

I did not feel like it was insta love. She did not want a man. He knew she was his mate so yes he wanted to protect her, but still I felt like they slowly fell for each other.

The world was interesting. It was book 5, but I got into it easy enough. Bad dragons, good dragons, fighting.

The mate thing was creepy though. You are mine, we mate, we make baby. We are. Ok, I just met you mister, I am not gonna make a baby with you.

Conclusion:
I read a PNR book!

Paperback, 391 pages
Published August 3rd 2010 by Signet
Dragonfire #5
PNR
Own

31 comments:

  1. You know what?! Gosh darnit. I'm signing up to this. I don't know why I've been waffling. This is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read a PNR book? Let me mark it in my calendar, wooo-hooo!
    Now let me go and mourn the fact that most probably I will never visit you at all...;/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I liked the book by the author in her PNR series but I don't remember which one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a YA book by her in a spin-off and enjoyed it

      Delete
  4. These are still pretty photos though. And what were the ruins about? altar? abodes? cool beans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      An old Church, looked very cool. I need to go back. and some old...something, part of something that burned down

      Delete
  5. Yep, I'm not very lucky with PNR too. Afraid to start one these days thinking I'd DNF it for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo for finshing it! I liked that series. Still need to finish it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, too bad you forgot your camera - maybe next time. Keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Exciting day! It has been hard getting back into the genre, but they all sound the same. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, good to see that a PNR did not turn into a DNF. I Was worried for a second. :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for PNR success! The pics are astounding, Linda :) I don't have anything that beautiful around where I live, and I'm too lazy to drive places, lol. Looking good on the exercise front, too. This week I did one day - it's just too hot!! I sweat by breathing, I swear :D Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You don't? I am sure you can find something, a tiny flower somewhere :)

      Here it's cold, so it's easy

      Delete
  11. Your phone photos are pretty good. You are doing so well with the walking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the PNR :) Not my thing but I'm glad you found one you could finish! Nice pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The places you exercise are gorgeous and even the phone camera shows that. Hmm I do read a little PNR, I thought I couldn't but have found a few series that I got hooked into, but not my main reading fare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you nailed the exercise and noooo on your camera, I kick myself when that happens lol. Lucky phones are pretty decent these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bummer you forgot the camera! And yea for PNR!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always have such beautiful pictures from your walks.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP