Tuesday 28 July 2015

Storm Born - Richelle Mead

Just typical. No love life to speak of for months, then all at once, every horny creature in the Otherworld wants to get in your pants. . .

Eugenie Markham is a powerful shaman who does a brisk trade banishing spirits and fey who cross into the mortal world. Mercenary, yes, but a girl's got to eat. Her most recent case, however, is enough to ruin her appetite. Hired to find a teenager who has been taken to the Otherworld, Eugenie comes face to face with a startling prophecy—one that uncovers dark secrets about her past and claims that Eugenie's first-born will threaten the future of the world as she knows it.

Now Eugenie is a hot target for every ambitious demon and Otherworldy ne'er-do-well, and the ones who don't want to knock her up want her dead. Eugenie handles a Glock as smoothly as she wields a wand, but she needs some formidable allies for a job like this. She finds them in Dorian, a seductive fairy king with a taste for bondage, and Kiyo, a gorgeous shape-shifter who redefines animal attraction. But with enemies growing bolder and time running out, Eugenie realizes that the greatest danger is yet to come, and it lies in the dark powers that are stirring to life within her...

My thoughts:
I have been trying to find a new UF series to read and this was a gift. Better get started then.

Eug, ugh, I forgot how to spell her name, Odile as she likes to call herself is a shaman. She is pretty kick-ass and sends and kills fairies off to fairieland. A lot of Others are suddenly after her cos of a prophecy. Ohh, I do like my prophecies, and hers was a dark one.

What I did not really like was this wannabee love triangle. She hooks up with a cutie with secrets. Kyo was nice, but yeah, secrets. And it's not really a love triangle at first. She also meets Dorian, a fairie king who wants to get into her pants. But then he really really wants to get into her pants cos of..spoilers. So it's not like he is all LOVE. But I can not say what the future will bring. Will the love triangle deepen, or will it fade away? *wishes for fade away* I can deal with a love triangle as long as she does not love both.

The book takes place in the real work and in the Fairie lands. And I did like the latter part. They are so lusty, angry and love their games.

Conclusion:
A promising start, as long as she does not keep on collecting men ;) I will def give book 2 a go. 

Cover
ok

Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Zebra
Dark Swan #1
Urban fantasy
Own

34 comments:

  1. I think I actually read this one, many years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am listening to her Georgina Kincaid. series at the moment and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wondering about that one too

      Delete
  3. The triangle doesn't really go away, but I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have yet to read Richelle Mead, but I do plan on it one day. This probably won't be where I'll start though. I'm thinking maybe Soundless or her Age of X series.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read a Richelle Mead book but I plan on starting Soundless soon! While this isn't my type of book, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Asma @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering if her other books are better than The Vampire Academy books. Maybe I'll give it a chance if I see it in library...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I tried reading the VA books but they were so annoying

      Delete
  7. I keep meaning to go back and read this series and her Georgia Kincaid series. I will see how you fare with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked this one but you'll see Odile is soooooooooooo annoying, that much annoyin that I haven't read the last one but I need to mainly as I really like the series

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been ages since I read her but I do enjoy her books. One day I'll get back to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "a fairie king who wants to get into her pants"... you made me lol with that one...this sounds like a good start to another series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Richelle Mead can write some entertaining stuff. Some might even call it addictive :D Glad you liked this one, Linda <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn those horny underworld creatures! *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had this whole series sitting on my shelf for years but I heard there might be a love triangle soooo. I did hear it was resolved sooner rather than later though.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I just have to skip Richelle Mead books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to read her Georgina Kincaid series ... someday

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read her Georgina Kincaid series ... someday

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP