Tuesday 21 July 2015

The art of sinning - Sabrina Jeffries

American artist Jeremy Keane refuses to return home and take over his father’s business. He’d much rather sample bevvies of beauties abroad, in search of a model for the provocative masterpiece he’s driven to paint. When he meets Lady Yvette Barlow at a London wedding, he realizes she’s perfect for his work—and determines to capture the young heiress’s defiant spirit and breathtaking sensuality on canvas.

No stranger to scandal, Yvette agrees to be Keane’s subject—in exchange for his help gaining entry to the city’s brothels he knows intimately, so she can track a missing woman and solve a family mystery. But when their practical partnership leads to lessons in the art of sinning, can they find a bold and lasting love? 

My thoughts:
I am always here with my, this felt different, well it did! Maybe it was because he was a American, he is so not Ton then. Also, he was an artist, and you all know those artist types ;)

Jeremy is an artist, and lately he has painted more bleak things. He has a past he wants to forget in America. His family wants him back. Then he sees his muse and have to paint her. So yes I got the whole, I am wounded and can never love again. That stuff hurts, but we all have to move on. Man up.

Yvette has a secret too. And with the ton around, yes I understood why it's a bad one. She was a bit too hasty though. Come on woman! You are nobility, there is danger around. Poor Jeremy who was faced with you!

They have their dance while he paints her (oh oh, her brother, he was yummy, I hope his book is next.) She wants Jeremy's help with a secret, he will do anything. They start to fall but he is all woe is me! And she is all, I want have someone with half a heart. You go girl, you deserve more!

Conclusion:
A cute dance that turns passionate. 

Cover
Ok

Kindle Edition, 416 pages
Published July 21st 2015 by Pocket Books
Sinful Suitors #1
Historical romance
NG

34 comments:

  1. I don't trust him, staring off the cover at us like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well I do not trust him cos he is so blond

      Delete
  2. YES..I though Edwin was yummy too and cannot wait for his book...but first we are getting as holiday novella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. That cover though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, y'all are loving this. Must add it to the histo TBR for just in case

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes. Her brother was great. I'm so excited his is next :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cute. I'll look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choice of words, you made me lol but in a good way. Sounds like one to keep an eye out for.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, always a joy making people lol

      Delete
  8. He does look like a creeper...and someone who's up to no good. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read the blurb, I was like, an American? What? That is different, but sounds like it worked well for this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. An American in London. So different

      Delete
  10. I keep hearing so much about this author. I really need to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha enjoyed your review. Have never read an historical by Sabrina Jeffries. Sometimes I think the covers on historical romance books are dumb and this is just a little above that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they are better than the 80s and 90s ones ;)

      Delete
  12. It's always nice to have a different story like that. IT sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those artist types, lol. It's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Late-night art, I hear, is quite the aphrodisiac :D Sounds fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her books, can't wait to read this one myself! Thanks for the review B!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you get your wish and the brother is next in line for a book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooo. This sounds good. TO THE TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP