Wednesday 1 July 2015

The cat with a really big head - Roman Dirge

This is the tragic story of a cat called Cat and his stupidly enormous over-sized head as he struggles with day-to-day problems like coping with hairballs, trying to eat Chunky Beef Chunk With Beef catfood or dealing with the neighbourhood mouse, Mr. Stinky and his army of annoying mice. Life hasn’t dealt Cat a good hand, but still there’s always the prospect of reincarnation and a better life isn’t there..?  

My thoughts:
Roman Dirge has the best morbid weird funny stories. The artwork is awesome, very morbid and cute.

In this we meet Cat, who has a really big head and maybe he has a big brain then too, or perhaps not. Cat does not have a happy life. Poor cat.

And then there was a story about an autopsy, yup.

Macabre and funny. Totes adorbs.

Conclusion:
Great illustrations and good stories.

Oh and you have to read his Lenore stories, you have to!

Hardcover, 96 pages
Published June 30th 2015 by Titan Comics (first published 2002)
Graphic novel
For review

31 comments:

  1. Macabre is good and funny to boot. :) This different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title and the cover. This sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it the cat that gets autopsied? That would definitely be a little disturbing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I am glad to know the cat doesn't get the autopsy. This sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that looks adorable. I like macabre too!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want to check it out for the illustrations. Glad the book fits the title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if I'd like this one. I usually like macabre but not where cats are concerned. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the first time I hear about this one but I'm curious about the illustrations now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Dirge is not known for writing nice stories, so yes, poor kitty

      Delete
  10. I'm not a cat person even, but you have me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, poor kitty :( But I am properly intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to read this based on the title alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morbid! I like it! Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP