Friday 24 July 2015

The taming of the billionaire - Jessica Clare

Edie’s an overbearing cat behaviorist who’s not big on people. Magnus is a newly-rich game developer who likes to be in control. When the two of them meet at Gretchen and Hunter’s masquerade engagement party, the loathing is mutual. Unfortunately for them—and everyone else—they’re in the wedding party together and must deal with each other for the next few months.

But when Magnus’s younger brother falls for Edie’s sister, he begs for his brother’s help in concocting a plan to win her over. If Magnus can keep the prickly Edie occupied, his brother will have time to woo Edie’s sister. Of course, Magnus isn’t interested in the slightest, but Edie is…intriguing. And stubborn. And smart. And sexy. And they might have more in common than they thought.

Before long, it becomes a challenge between the two of them to see who will be tamed first. But how’s Edie going to react when she finds out that Magnus is using her? And how’s Magnus going to handle the fact that he’s fallen for a cat lady? 

My thoughts:
I was all this is gonna end badly, this is gonna end badly *biting nails* Men!!!

I liked Edie, she was real. Yes people said she was bitchy, but the girl just had a bit of edge on her. She had a bad knee and limped. She loved cats. I adored her.

But poor woman. Her sister. Sheesh! Overbearing, manipulative little bit##! Edie still loved her sister, but the way she made Edie dependent on her, not cool.

Which brings us to the men. Magnus was, ok I can forgive the talk in the beginning. I can even forgive him doing what his brother told him, even if he should have told her earlier. Because, omg, he starts to love cats! *melts*

His brother was an idiot who fell for a pretty face. I did want to hit him several times...make that every time I saw him *gives him the evil eye*

Oh and Gretchen is awesome! But yikes the mouth on that woman.

As you can see a great cast. I liked how they started to fall for each other, even if the game at the beginning was pretty unforgivable. But he was a truly nice guy! And I liked that she was not perfect.

And it had cats!

And very smexy dirty talk smexin. Which I do skim since I am weird, but if you like that then you will certainly like this.

Conclusion:
These billionaires are fun to read about.

Cover
meh

Kindle Edition, 244 pages
Published July 21st 2015 by InterMix
Billionaires and Bridesmaids #2
Contemporary romance
For review

24 comments:

  1. Clearly a book that has cats is a win for you. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book because... Cats for the win!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to see you read this one. LOL You know you had me with cats. Plus, I'm so happy Magnus starts to love them. This one looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he really liked them, oh my poor heart

      Delete
  4. Boring cover of boringness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books with "billionaire" in the title are a no for me, but yay for the cat lady. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly, I've barely scratched the surface of Jessica's books. I read her Billionaire Boys Club novels. I think I should get on this train as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read one of those too, and here are more

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you got involved in the book and characters! Have heard about the books and wondered what they were like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Linda :)) You're not weird at all! I do it too - it makes me uncomfortable as heck. Sounds like an interesting cast of characters. Hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I wanted to hit the brother a couple times too. And run the sister over with a truck. I really did. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such strange names...
    Ugh, women should not depend on men even if they are billionaires. :/ I Like being taken care of as much as the next brood, but I can take care of myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! My cousin is named Magnus! A perfectly normal name ...here

      Delete
  11. I've not read any of these Billionaire books, but I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not much for the smexy dirty talk. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP