Monday 10 August 2015

A sense of obligation - Rose Fairbanks

A chance, but meaningful, encounter in Netherfield’s library changes everything between Darcy and Elizabeth. As they rush to the altar, Darcy’s faulty memory may destroy their chance at domestic comfort before they begin. Knowing their obligations and no longer resisting their attraction, they forge a foundation of trust and respect. New feelings may not be enough, however, to overcome the misunderstanding which lays between them. Exploring the juncture of sentiment and reason, A Sense of Obligation, takes Darcy and Elizabeth on a passionate, humorous and introspective path toward happiness in marriage. 

My thoughts:
I liked this twist. Darcy thinks he has ruined Lizzy and asks her to marry. This all takes place at Netherfield so those other words never happen. Which is a good thing.

Darcy is all noooo! How could I?! But he is such a good man. And he falls in love. Seriously the best Darcy in a long time. I never disliked him. He was always so honorable and sweet. He was never too proud. 

Lizzy has a good head on her shoulders, and yes if someone had seen them her reputation would be ruined. Just not like he thinks. So she says yes and starts to like him. And it grows.

They were so sweet together, and I did enjoy the misconceptions. 

I also liked how the Bingley and Jane drama played out. And what happened to Caroline, ha! Not to mention about Wickham. Things can change so much with a few tweaks here and there.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed it. A nice different variation, one with a super nice Darcy. 

Kindle Edition, 277 pages
Published July 25th 2015
Pride and Prejudice re-telling
For review 

34 comments:

  1. I think I need to meet this version of Darcy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying it, but one day I will read one lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Darcy?! That's different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I haven't read the original but mean to one of these days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never liked Caroline so it's fine if she went MIA (?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She, oh it was awesome! She had it coming

      Delete
  6. I still haven't read the original O_O

    This sounds like my kind of book though.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen a movie then? They rock too

      Delete
  7. I like the sound of a sweet Darcy! I don't think I've read any re-tellings of this one yet but I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darcy meet headdesk. I mean Lizzy. Monday. Heatwave. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet Darcy is definitely swoon worthy! Great review. Rose is a talented author, and this one is on my TBR. Thank you, Blodeuedd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd marry him in a second...if he only he would ask...if I only lived in a novel

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a really nice re-telling. I find my problem with re-tellings is I've often forgotten too much of the originals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well since these is re-tellings it should not matter :)

      Delete
  11. Oh this sounds like a remake I would like. This Darcy... I have to know! Brilly review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am amazed they keep coming up with variations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it that I always hear about interesting variations of P&P from you. You are tempting me to give them a try. This one sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super nice Darcy is a plus and it sounds like this had a nice spin on it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love seeing the changes authors decide on :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds very good Blodeuedd, I will certainly pick it up when I find it somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP