Saturday 15 August 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in August 14 2015 and Truly, madly viking by Sandra Hill


Join in :D

Sat, 1 h bike
Sun, 1 h bike, 7 km bike
Mon, 13 km bike
Tue, 9km bike, 1 h berrypicking
Wed, 4 km bike, 1 h berrrypicking
Thu, 22 km bike
Fri, 10 km bike

If you wanna know, it was bilberries we picked :)


As for this second pic, you know I like the woods and this photo was taken by plane by a photographer who lives in my "village". It shows my favorite woods to the left, I live in the middle of the picture ;) And you can check out more of his, Patrik Forth's photos on Instagram 


.....................................

When a tenth-century Viking's ship blows off course, he finds himself in the twenty-first century and in the arms of a successful and beautiful American psychologist.

My thoughts:
So yes this one was enjoyably, but omg way too much silliness.

Jorund the viking gets transported to Texas, the year 2000. Jorund, this mighty viking, learned Saxon on his travels. Good for him. And when he comes to Texas everyone understands him...and he understands everyone. For real. I mean seriously! If I met him and he spoke Saxon to me I would not understand him. If he spoke Norse to me I would not understand that.  It has been a 1000 years. It's not like they all had a degree in anglosaxon. Languages change. But ok, maybe he was really smart and picked up an entire new language in seconds.

*big eyeroll*

So sexy nekkid viking shows up. Maggie the shrink takes care of him. He is all flirty (at the mental hospital) and hi-jinks can begin. I did like that. It was so silly. He thought she was a prostitute. He did not understand this world. She thought he was crazy (and still liked him, hmmm.) Her twins wants a new daddy and they all lived happily ever after.

And omg there are SO many viking books! But why do the women go back in time (no toilets!) and the viking men gets to come here? More fun? Ugh, no toilets.

Conclusion:
So yes it you want silly and fun then this is the book. 


Cover
By Thor no

Mass Market Paperback, 391 pages
Published December 31st 2000 by Love Spell
Viking II #2
Contemporary romance /timetravel romance
Own


31 comments:

  1. The berry picking sounds especially fun and delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if there is a book where a modern man goes back or a past girl goes forward? That would be a nice change up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait...yes I have seen a modern man go back. But a past girl..hmm

      Delete
  3. Cool pics :)
    That viking book sounds like a fun summer read. But learning a new language in seconds? Hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the author meant that a man speaking Saxon can be understood now *coughs* as if

      Delete
  4. hahaha, you made me laugh with that eye roll! Joanna Linsey has a romance like that. Super silly but nice. Loved the panorama pic of your woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, you post the best pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the aerial shots like that. What are bilberries? I've never heard of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are blueberries, but then I learned that our blueberries are not like your blueberries and they are called bilberries. But in our language they are blueberries ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, yes, why is it that the women are the ones to go back in time? Let's get a story from the POV of a viking woman coming to the present and falling in love with a billionaire businessman or something :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes. But she must be a strong kick-ass viking woman who is all, I will slay thee

      Delete
  8. "And omg there are SO many viking books!"

    BECAUSE VIKINGS ARE THE BEST, EVER. Also, why do all of the Vikings come to Texas? I'm sure they'd hate the weather. And where the hell in Texas to I pick up my Viking??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I who live in viking land would not go to Texas. Sorry Texas, but omg it is HOT there. We who live here up north is not used to that

      Delete
  9. LMAO!!! You make this book sounds so laughable. Hahahahah! I might just want to read the book for shits and giggles. Seriously, though. That language thing is so far fetched it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing your village. I read a Sandra Hill book a few years ago. It was entertaining and I laughed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No toilets is a difficult thing I confess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty woods. Yeah, based on that premise there's a certain level of suspended belief necessary. I would not survive in the past, I am far too picky an eater.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By Thor, yeah, you're absolutely right! We go back to no-toilets, and they come to internet, healthcare and (mostly) free education? Sexist! Also, wow, Linda I knew you lived in Paradise, but by Thor...! That is the prettiest slice of Paradise I've seen in my life! Lucky, lucky you :))) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! So unfair!

      Now you can see where I live :D Some great paths in those woods

      Delete
  14. "But why do the women go back in time (no toilets!) and the viking men gets to come here?"

    Good point lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Silly and fun sounds good, and lol at the toilets

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great week in fitness. :)

    I like the cover and title of the book. lol. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little village in the woods!!

    That book is like an adult Encino Man!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP