Saturday 22 August 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in August 21 2015 and Yours to Explore bundle


Join in :D

Sat, 19 km bike
Sun, 41 km bike
Mon, 9 km bike, 30 min walk
Tue, 10 km bike, 40 min walk
Wed, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Thu, 9 km bike
Fri, 4 km bike, 30 min walk

I biked a lot....

........................................

It's 2202 and three ships are on their way to start a new colony, but the twelve-month trip on Earth Ship Siren is filled with its own dangers ... and desires.


Rita Songworth escaped the dying Earth by earning her place on the ES Siren as part of the hard-assed infantry. But her relationship with the malicious lieutenant Zane was doomed almost before it began, unlike her attraction to the gorgeous and highly forbidden prisoner, Tristan MacFallan.


Alex Tariel knew his only chance to get a place on ES Siren was as a prisoner, so he stole water rations. Instead of keeping his head down, he gets coerced into fighting in the rounds. Getting patched up by Sienna makes it worthwhile. Corporal Sienna Jade never expected to see with the man who tried to kill her again. Now Lieutenant Zane has her and Alex in his sights. While Sienna tries to keep control of her feelings for Alex, Alex would do anything to protect her, if only she'd let him.


When Lily Kwan does a dirty deal with the disgusting Andrew Zane, she shoots straight to the top of Master Sergeant Connor Madison's hit list of drug runners – and no one's tougher than the Siren's hard-eyed quartermaster. Nothing can save the geeky doctor now, not her family's money, nor her brilliant mind. Not even the smile in her eyes.

My thoughts:
The first story is about Rita, a prison guard who falls for a prisoner. Also while having an affair with an ahole. Zane was a real piece of work. And then Rita and Tristan lived happily ever after..well for now, they are in space after all.

So yes 3 ships are making their way to a new planet because earth is going to hell. Ships filled with soldiers, prisoners to do the work, and rich people. The sci.fi, yeah, not a lot of sci-fi. Except for a few things mentioned like the cuffs worn, or how meds work fast. This is romance through and through. Romance and smexy times. And they are all under 100 pages.

The next story is about Alex, another prisoner and Sienna, the doctor in training who finds him hot and decides to do him. Seriously, this is happening a lot, I find it rather creepy. He is a prisoner, and even if he wants to it is wrong. There should be limits on this ship but I guess not. I mean, if she wants it, he would say yes even if he did not want it. The female prisoners are all selling themselves. Anyway....And then they lived happily ever after, and evil Zane is on this one too. I hope he dies soon.

The last one was about Lily who also got in trouble with Zane. Seriously women, stay away from that a-hole. She was the one I liked the most. Her man, hmmm, well at least he was not a prisoner!

Conclusion;
I would love to see them all on their new planet. That would be interesting. This was just a bunch of couple falling in love quickly and doing it.

Still good. Even if I did not always approve of their partners (guilty or not.)


Kindle Edition, 300ish?
Published February 12th 2015 by Momentum
Sci fi romance
Own


29 comments:

  1. I have a big problem with stories about planets so I don't really know if it's for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own a bike so I haven't taken a bike ride in a long time but have always enjoyed it. Keep riding yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like switching up the change of pace with biking. Some really nice pics this week, especially with that pic of the low hanging fog. And pretty kitty!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Yes it was so cold when we finally got home from our long ride and the fog was pretty

      Delete
  4. Ugh I hate men like that, BUT they do make the story interesting!
    "MEEEEEEEEEEEEOW THIS REVIEW IS OVER HUMAN!!!!!!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I was hoping for a new/interesting sci-fi book, but I suppose people need smexy books too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intergalactic planetary, planetary intergalactic

    I would ride my bike all day errday if my view is like that too! Lucky beech!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty scenery. I really need to go walk more and see what I can find here (though won't be nearly as pretty--city living lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great exercise, Must be nice to wheel along on the bike, good exercise and lovely scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Luci looks so happy! ;) Your exercising is as mind-blowing as ever... You're quite the inspiring gal, Linda <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luci looks like a cat on a mission :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics, the kitty is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new planet aspect sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, with views like those, I can see how it helps with your motivation to be active. Oh what am I saying? Great view or not, it has to start from somewhere within you. It has be your own choice and decision to be active. Whaddaya know. I think I may have reach a breakthrough, B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help that it is pretty ;) But yes, that first decision came from inside of me

      Delete
  14. I'm always so jealous of your scenery lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  15. LUCI!!! :-D It bugs me when stories are classified as a genre like sci-fi, but it's mostly just window dressing and not truly that genre. I really like sci-fi romances, but I want the SCIENCE part to be as engaging as the romance part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to have one of the stories on planet with alien stuff. And the science to be more scifi

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP