Saturday 1 August 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in July 31 2015 and review


Join in :D

Sat, 1.5 h bike, 1 h walk
Sun, 30 min walk
Mon, 1 h walk
Tue, 1 h walk
Wed, 1.15h yoga, 1 h bike, 1 h walk
Thu, 2,5h bike
Fri, 2 h bike

Good week :)



-----------------------------------

Orphaned at age eight, Lady Cecily Burkhart becomes the ward of Harold Pierce, Earl of Sumerton. The charming Lord Hal and his wife, Lady Grace, immediately welcome sweet-natured Cecily as one of their own. With Brey, their young son, Cecily develops an easy, playful friendship. But their intensely devout daughter, Mirabella, is consumed by her religious vocation—and by her devotion to Father Alec Cahill, the family priest and tutor.

With Father Alec as her closest confidant, Cecily begins to glimpse the painful secrets at the heart of the Pierce family. When tragedy strikes at home, and Henry VIII’s obsession with Anne Boleyn leads to violent upheaval across England, Mirabella is robbed of her calling and the future Cecily dreamed of is ripped away in turn. As Cecily struggles to hold together the fractured household, she and Alec also grapple with a dangerous mutual attraction. Plagued with jealousy, Mirabella unleashes a tumultuous chain of events that threatens to destroy everyone around her. For with treachery and suspicion rampant, desire has the power to shatter a family—and tear a kingdom apart… 

My thoughts:
The story of two women. One meek, one fanatical.

I tried to find some information about these people, but could not. So I have no idea who is real or not. What is fact what is fiction...

Cecily was orphaned and made a ward of the Lord of Sumerton. We get to see her story, her growing up. Always kind, nice, and meek. She follows. In that way she is never really interesting.

Mirabella. I do like evil characters, but she was not good evil. Ugh, not even a bitch. No, I could not even hate her. She was loathsome. Too fanatical, not a good bone in her, just creepy. Too creepy.

Even with that it could have been good if not for one thing. The one thing did not work. Suddenly they were talking, or having dinner. Then in the next paragraph it was 3 years later. It constantly jumped in time and I never knew how much. I could only keep track when they mentioned who Henry had married. So for me it was too jumpy. 

Paperback, 347 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by Kensington
Historical fiction
Own

Here is a Luci pic instead


29 comments:

  1. LUCI!! :-) great job on the bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great and love the pics! What a cutie Luci is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics. Sounds like the pacing was off for the book.
    Great job on the exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weird timeline would have made me bonkers. I love the sky pics Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that first picture! Sunrise or sunset?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure Luci is a cat? Not a Lynx? So beautiful!!! The pics too, I am utterly speechless. I would envy you, but you're suck a lovely person, I can't even do that :) Too bad about the book :\ But ... once again, your exercising - W_O_W!!! Next week I'll get back to it, I hope. We've had a little rain yesterday, so the air is actually breathable now ... I dare hope my lungs won't collapse during my workout. Have a great week, Linda. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! He was very proud when I told him that ;)

      I try my best! As for my pics, I so want this more expensive camera so I can zoom the shit out of things, lol

      Delete
  7. uuugggghhhhh I have been lazy and not writing down what I have been doing. I need to get back into the habit of that challenge. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have to mention it on twitter cos else I forget

      Delete
  8. The constant time changes would bother me too

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good week for you and I always look forward to your photos :)
    Bummer about The Sumerton Women, that's too big a jump in time to work and I like to know who is a historical figure and who is fictional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      I do want that too :/ I get that they might not be that known, but still

      Delete
  10. I did say I was going to do this last weekend, but alas, yet another thing I've decided to do and didn't, well do. Bah. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the prettiest walking views ever!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww look at Luci! And keep up the great work on exercise. When will the weather start changing for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changing? Summer hasn't even really arrived yet

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP