Thursday 29 October 2015

Conspiracy of Angels - Michelle Belanger

Zack Westland awakens on the shore of Lake Erie, his memory gone. Assaulted by powerful psychic fragments, he learns that he belongs to a tribe of angels—one of several living on Earth since the Blood Wars. Pursued by cacodaimons intent on killing him—again—he seeks to end war between the tribes.


My thoughts
This was one of those book that I just did not realize how much I had read before  I looked at the page numbers. Suddenly I was on page 100, so obviously I had to read on. But I did stop at page 300,  I mean I had to get something done that evening. So I finished it in the morning instead ;) This book shows lot of promise, I hope it will get better and better.

I do like the amnesia premise. Zach wakes up and knows nothing, so we know nothing. Little by little we learn of different tribes of angels, the wars they have fought, and the conspiracy that Zach tried to get to the bottom of. He is in danger, but he does not know why. There is mystery and suspense thrown into this UF.

Zach, well he does not know much, duh. But he seems nerdy with his pop culture references and love of languages (some things he remembers, we will see why later). But is he good or not? He feels he is, but then he knows nothing. But I liked him. He is a good guy.

Helping him later on he has someone calling himself his brother, I was so unsure about Remy all the way through. And Lilli, who was a breath of fresh air. She never stopped, aye I liked her.

I think the reason why I read it so fast but did not know it, is, oh maybe page 1 was heavy? But the rest just flowed? Anyhow, like I said, it shows promise and was a good start to a new series.

Conclusion:
I look forward to reading more of this  series, everything is good for now, but everything is so not ok in the world. Intriguing.  I need to know how it all plays out.

Cover
Ok

Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 27th 2015 by Titan Books
Shadowside #1
Urban fantasy
For review

35 comments:

  1. Oh, I want this one! I had it on my watch list to check out...glad to see a review of it and that you liked it. I'm very picky about amnesia stories though, but this one sounds neat :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I see your point. The amnesia ones can be tricky

      Delete
  2. It's always when a book grabs you and keeps you engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was not sure about this one too many mixed reviews, glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although this one sounds interesting, I'm not into books about angels these days. Maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are weird angels though. Vamp angels, etc. They are not we will help you angels

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good! Vamp angels? Now I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One race ;) There is another race that is weeeeird

      Delete
  6. This looks great. I'm going to have to look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, ohh maybe it will come out in audio soon for ya

      Delete
  7. Huh. I really like the premise. I may have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least it was only the first page that was heavy. It sucks when the entire book is frickin heavy for no reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been, cos I felt that heaviness, but then suddenly I was on 100 and I was all.. how?

      Delete
  9. I'm always up for a good UF series. Didn't know about this one, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah gotta love those books that make the time fly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice we you can read that much at once. I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely checking this one out. I've been reading something for two weeks now - I can't get past 10 pages, and I fall asleep. I'm not sure if it's me or the book, but I sure would like to read something FASTER! Happy weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is baaaad! I would give up, that book is not meant to be read

      Delete
  13. This is the first time I heard about this series but I am intrigued. Sounds nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds great! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds promising, adding to my list. I'm back into Fantasy after Menagerie :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP