Saturday 31 October 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: October 30, 2015 and Mia's Scandal

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.

Join in :D


Sat, 1,5 h walk
Sun, 1 h walk
Mon, 8 km bike
Tue, 8 km bike, 1 h workout class
Wed, 4 k bike, 1 h zumba
Thu, 8 km bike, 45 min zumba toning
Fri, 4 km bike, 30 min walk



Billionaire Oscar Balfour’s daughters are the darlings of the tabloid press – so it’s no surprise that the arrival of an illegitimate Balfour girl sends the gossip columns wild! Mia needs to learn the gilt-edged ways of his world fast. Brooding Greek tycoon Nikos takes her on as his personal assistant. Can he come to her rescue?

My thoughts:
The old school captures Mia better. She is a naive, innocent, I might have missed if she was a virgin or not. But it would have fit. Oh and, I can't say that cos it was a spoiler but it was SO harlequin.

Anyway, poor Cinderella, I mean Mia, lived in Tuscany and never had any money. Poor Mia. Then she found out that her dad was RICH! So she went to him. Bad luck though, he was tired of his kids and wanted them to learn things so he sends Mia to a friend of his. A rich greek, who is a playboy and uses them and leaves them. Oh and he is a total ass. 

He bosses her around. She likes him (I guess cos he is hot), he is annoyed by her. They will get it on, there will be drama and they will live happily ever after.

Hmmm, would I read more, no. So I guess it was ok then, but almost good.

ebook, Mills & Boon Special Releases
Published December 1st 2010 by Mills & Boon
The Balfour Brides #1
Contemporary romance
Own

36 comments:

  1. Nice of dad to send his daughter to a womanizing playboy lol

    But of course it all works out!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That book sounds like a soap opera. Good job on the weekly fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty red leaves. Happy Halloween! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a little weird for a dad to send his kid to a playboy, but okay. Glad you enjoyed it enough to say that you would read another. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So weird. I get that he wants them to make it on their own, but that...really? And she was the one who had grown up poor and could make it on her own

      Delete
  5. Ohh I miss reading those type of romances. Might just give that one a go (for shits and giggles). Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors. I can't wait for the leaves here to fully change color :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, send your daughter to your total rake of a friend, that will go over well, Mr. Dad of the Year! :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got preggers too, schhhh, do not tell the rest

      Delete
  8. I get wanting his girls to grow into responsible people, but this one grew up poor and worked probably so what was the point and to a 'love 'em leave 'em type? Not sure I follow the reasoning there. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wanted her to learn to live in their world...right that is why you sent her to a womanizer

      Delete
  9. Nice exercise, I've heard of zumba as one of my younger colleagues went, but a little too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, is it me or you're actually INCREASING your exercise intake?! How is that even POSSIBLE??? And, finally, it looks as though autumn remembered your corner of the world :) Looks so pretty! As for the book, the him bossing her around - meh :\ Enjoy your Sunday, sporty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually one less this week, one leeeess , booo me'

      Autumn came around, at last

      Delete
  11. the books looks light, not that awesome but nice to read

    ReplyDelete
  12. The book sounds like ok, but I'm reading a lot of contemporary now a days so I'll probably search more! ;)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pics, as usual. The book sounds okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weird.....especially the dad part. 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pics and great week of exercise for you! I think I'll give the book a miss lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color of FAll reds..bummer about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow he did not even spend time with her, get to know her? And I presume as she was "poor" she already had a job or occupation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember her job, she lived with an aunt and must have done something. But yes she could take care of herself

      Delete
  18. Good old school romance books, I just can't do them anymore :) Lovely autumn where you're based, gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP