Monday 12 October 2015

Fool's quest - Robin Hobb

Years ago, they freed a dragon from the glaciers on Aslevjal. Then they parted ways, the Fool returning to far-off Clerres, while Fitz finally claimed a wife, a family, and a home of his own.

Now, betrayed by his own people and broken by torment, the Fool has made his way back to the Six Duchies. But as Fitz attempts to heal his old friend in Buckkeep Castle, his young daughter Bee is abducted from Withywoods by pale and mysterious raiders who leave ruin and confusion in their wake.

Fitz must find a way to rescue his beloved Bee. At the same time it is the Fool’s fiercest wish to return to Clerres with the best assassin he has ever known, to gain vengeance and justice.
Can Fitz bear to take up the tools of his old trade again, even to avenge his dearest friend and save his child? 

My thoughts:
The way to read this book is just to let yourself be immersed in it. That when when you come up for air you are all, what is going on? Where am I? I was just so into the book that it could not put it down or stop thinking about it. I did read it in an elevator, I did read it while BF and I visited a friend of his.

Some things made me angry, some things made me smile and some things just warmed my heart. Some things made me murderous. 

Bee was kidnapped in the last book and we get to follow her and her captures, and damn I want to hunt them all down and make those effing bastards pay!!!

All while Fitz is at Buckkeep Castle tending to the Fool, but yes when he learns of this. The hunt is on.

There are just so many things I want to say, but I am kind of lost for words. And I fear how it all will end. I fear for Fitz. I have followed his life for so long now and the fear is strong. I also really want him to bond again. The loss of Nighteyes still hurts me, and him.

Conclusion:
SO yes I recommend this series, but if you want to feel all that lost and heartache then you have to start with the first trilogy.

Cover
ok

Hardcover, 740 pages
Published August 13th 2015 by Harper Voyager
The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy #2, Realms of the Elderlings #15
Fantasy
Library

45 comments:

  1. And what a thick book too! Epic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that totally consume you like that. This sounds wonderful, even though it's not my genre. I'd need start from the beginning though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought the first trilogy ;) I have only read translations but I need them again

      Delete
  3. I really like that cover. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you read this quite fast! It's such a huge book,but I see that it the story sucks you in fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love when I find a book like this that is all-consuming and I'm so into that I get disoriented when it's over or I have to set it down to do things like eat or sleep ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you are reading in an elevator...you know it's good...ok adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday I'l start with this trilogy... someday. I'm glad you are loving these books as much as first ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The loss and heartache in this one sounds well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Sounds like this one got to you emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read her books yet.There's so many books and I don't even know where to start. They all seem to have same characters...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I want to read all of her books. So need to get started. Why am I always behind? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard his books are amazing, awesome they made you feel so much

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you start with this trilogy or do you need to go back to book one of Realms of the Elderlings series where this is book 15? That's a lot of books, especially if they are all as long as this one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should not go by the Elderlings. I hated the liveships trilogy, the Dragon series bored me. And yes not just cos Fitz were not in them. See the realm means all books in this world. One character from this series is around there, but you could totally skip them.

      Instead start with the Farseer trilogy, you can skip the Tawny man if you want to ;) And then jump to this trilogy. or just start with this one but you will miss why he is old, and looks young etc

      Delete
  14. I love books like this - where you experience the whole range of emotions because you are tied to the world and characters. *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love..most of this world ;) There is this boring part to the south

      Delete
  15. At this rate, I'll never get to these books! So many Elderling series, and I haven't even finished Farseer yet :( I've been told I really shouldn't start these until I'm all caught up, at least with the Fitz related books.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the Fitz books yes, with the rest, meh, I hated Liveships, Rain wilds bored me, and no Fitz so meh

      Delete
  16. I have heard wonderful things about this series. A book that keeps you reading no matter what goes on around you is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. one day I'll have to try a book by this author!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I love when a book leaves me feeling that sort of haze of 'where am I' when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So intense! I love when a book grabs my full attention like that.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm on my way to GR to check it out. If it requires full immersion, I'm the first to sign up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad to hear that you got so into this one! That's a great feeling. There's nothing wrong with being lost for words when finishing a book. I still haven't reviewed One Good Dragon for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOme books just are impossible to talk about

      Delete
  22. *waves* Sorry I am late with my comment. I can't remember what I wanted to say on this one. mmmm

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP