Monday 26 October 2015

One wild winter's eve - Anne Barton

As the Duke of Huntford's sister, Lady Rose Sherbourne follows the rules of well-bred society. Always chaperoned. Never engaging in unseemly behavior. Well, except for that one summer, years ago. And yet she's never been able to forget that handsome stable master or the stolen moments they shared. She's always wondered what might have happened if he hadn't disappeared without a word... Now she's about to find out. 

Charles Holland never expected to see Lady Rose again. And yet the years haven't lessened his devotion—or his desire—in any way. Despite their differences in class, Charles cannot stop himself from wanting to possess her. But as they uncover one intimate secret after another about her family, they realize that, this time, their love may come at a very dear price... 

My thoughts:
Yes it was different, I do not see this very often. Rose is the sister of a duke. Charles works in the stables. See!

Rose was sweet, a tad bit too naive.
Charles was hardworking and wanted something more from his life.
They are so wrong for each other, and so right.

What I did not like is what I was never clear why her mother did some things...

Oh I am rambling. Rose and Charles meet again. She is no longer mute from shock, and he is now a steward. But she is still out of his reach. She is looking for her mother. He can't help himself, he wants to help out.

So they look for secrets, and can't help themselves ;)

Grrrr, there is this woman in it, no spoilers, but I started to loathe her! You can only imagine that the road to love is not without hurdles.

Conclusion:
I did like the story, but to be honest, her family would never have allowed them to be together. But the family is nice and all (as if).

Cover
nice

Kindle Edition, 300ish?
Expected publication: October 27th 2015 by Forever
Honeycote #4
Historical romance
Netgalley

38 comments:

  1. Seems like a nice enough read. I always have a hard time with HR when the family are idiots. I just want to smack them. lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well idiots and idiots, they are not idiots

      Delete
  2. I like the setup of the romance in this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover sounds like the best part of this novel. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her writing and its different, so cant wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, even if the family wouldn't have allowed them to be together, it sounds like you liked it overall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sister of an actual duke and the stable boy? Hmm... I smell a good story! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! I know, so not believable but love conquers all!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like it wasn't all that realistic but I love that the hero isn't from the same class as she was. It gives a unique twist to the historical romance :) I need to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't, BUT most Duke meets shopgirl are not either. So why did I have a harder time believing it the other way around? Boo, me. Yay love

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a hard time enjoying this one but still found it entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it all the way through, I just did not believe it

      Delete
  9. haha well I liked your review, sometimes you don't need to believe

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much blue! Historical romances tend to be predictable. I try not to expect too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a huge class difference, but still sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is different usually it is the woman who is beneath his station

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have book 1 in French but haven't read it yet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay so in the realm of Lady Chatterley's lover type of thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not say that. Nothing alike. Except for the class thing, but that is everywhere in HR

      Delete
  15. This family has been pretty unique. The Duke married a seamstress who blackmailed him. lol So a stable master? Pish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol so he was a real servant and not a Duke in disguise or something like that? Sounds good B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Duke n disguise. A real real servant, Scandalous

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP