Monday 19 October 2015

Shopaholic to the stars - Sophie Kinsella

Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) has stars in her eyes. She and her daughter, Minnie, have joined husband Luke in LA—city of herbal smoothies, multimillion-dollar yoga retreats, and the lure of celebrity. Luke is there to help manage the career of famous actress Sage Seymour—and Becky is convinced she is destined to be Sage’s personal stylist, and go from there to every A-list celebrity in Hollywood! But things become complicated when Becky joins the team of Sage’s archrival. How will charming and supportive Luke deal with this conflict? Is it possible that what Becky wants most will end up hurting those she loves most?

My thoughts:
Yes I enjoyed it, sadly I only laughed two times. But I enjoyed it, it was light, sort of funny, and I could read it fast. And now I have to tear the book apart.

Omg people! You call yourself friends?! Please some stage a real intervention and pack Becky off to rehab!!! If it was drugs she would be hooking in the streets by now. The poor girl needs help. Not just a stern look or a headshake, silly Becky spent too much money again. Omg the girl needs help!!! And she making her kid like her too, which we saw in an earlier book. This is horrible really.

REHAB!!!!!!!!!

Why Luke stays with her, god only knows. Seriously the stunts she pulls. I would be out of there. She can not change. He "tries" to help, try for real and put her in rehab. Or leave her.

The book were amusing at one point, but these last few, no. There comes a time when I only see the bad things. When the laughs die. Let the series end now, and get the woman some help.

Cover
cute

Paperback, 393 pages
Published September 25th 2014 by Bantam Press
Shopaholic #7
Chiclit
Library

41 comments:

  1. I've read a couple books like this - the vampire queen books by Mary Janice Davidson for example - where they were hilarious and fun to start, and then started getting more tedious as they went. Maybe the next book will be a huge turnaround for the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And like Janet Evanovich. They all get old in the end.

      I will read it, but I highly doubt it

      Delete
  2. I missed this. It was getting corny for me after sha had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be a fun premise in the first book but then you need to show some growth.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe this series is still going on! Not that I didn't enjoy the first book, but I man I couldn't read the entire series. :) They were fun for the first book, but yeah Becky would annoy me too after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I liked them up to..oh I do not know, but now, SIGH

      Delete
  5. yeah i think at this point she def has an issue thats like..when is it gonna get fixed

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am surprised you liked this one. I read the first one and could hardly choke it down I really did not like the main character whatever her name was. Get some control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, I was on a chic lit fix back then

      Delete
  7. These books have never appealed to me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm... so I may just stick with the first few beginning books and forget the rest? I have had these recommended to me, but haven't picked them up. Might try the fist few though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say like the 3 first and then forget about them ;)

      Delete
  9. Good to hear you enjoyed even if didn't laugh as much as you'd hoped

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bah. I stopped reading these book after the second instalment. That girl just wouldn't learn her lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, that stinks! Sometimes I'm compelled to keep reading a series that has gone sour hoping, I guess, that it will make a come back. Guess this one isn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like that with Step Plum, I hate the series now but I keep on reading

      Delete
  12. I haven't read any but sounds like the series should come to an end unless... there's a successful rehab one and I guess there won't be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must end, but hey where there is money there is no ending

      Delete
  13. I think I only tried a book by this author

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cover is very cute. Sorry this series is dwindling on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say, I don't find addiction funny - be that as in shopping, drinking, smoking, etc. It's a terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read the first couple of books in this series, but I did have a feeling she probably wouldn't be able to keep it up. It just didn't seem like a humorous theme she could stretch on forever.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear. I just got the current one for review. It's my first one. Hopefully I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed the first books in the series, after a while it was the same thing over and over again, so I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol. We'll I enjoy your review. ;D this sounds like a cute read for fun and to kick up your feet with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP