Monday 5 October 2015

Some like it Scot - Suzanne Enoch

Nineteenth-century, Scotland:
When a mad lass in trousers shoots at him, Munro "Bear" MacLawry isn't sure what impresses him more-the girl's sure aim or her irresistibly tempting curves. Catriona MacColl has fled to the Highlands with her half-sister to escape an unwanted wedding, and wants no part of him, nor any man. But he can't abandon the flame-haired, sharp-tongued wildcat now that he's discovered her-not when she fits so perfectly in his arms...

Munro has more than earned his nickname-he's a well-muscled, well-favored mountain of a man with an engaging bad-boy grin and a string of well-satisfied lasses behind him. Bringing Catriona food, blankets, candles, everything she needs to survive a winter in an abandoned abbey, Munro is an unexpected gift in her reckless bid for freedom-and an unexpected complication. Clan MacDonald has plans for her, and they don't include her falling for a MacLawry. But this man makes her feel like a woman-and he may be her one chance to live a life about which she's only dared dream...

My thoughts:
First I must say that the accent was a bit too heavy for me at times. Sometimes they use bits and pieces, but here it was all the time. And well, it takes sometime getting used too. I need time to get into things like that.

Second, wow, they so fitted each other! Munro is a bear of a man. All grrr. While Cat was, well a woman raised as a boy since her dad wanted one. And it worked out so perfectly. He did not need some dainty thing. He needed someone who could shoot, hold her own and argue with him. So yes I did see the attraction here.

The story is about her and her sister hiding from an unwanted marriage. Her sister the dainty debutante. Munro finds them and wants to protect them. I also met his siblings. They have had their own HEAs already (and those sound pretty interesting btw.)

Conclusion:
There are secrets, romance and lots of Scots running around. There is never anything wrong with with lots Scots in kilts :)

Cover
Ok

Kindle Edition, 352 pages
Expected publication: October 6th 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
Scandalous Highlanders #4
Historical romance
Own

31 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've read a Highlander romance. thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo this sounds right up my alley, thick accent and all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The secrets and romance sound good in this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed her contemporary jewel thief series, way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do their Kilts ever blow up in the breeze?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh did this have heavy scottish undertones? blah i will prob struggle as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since it has Scots n kilts I might try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only thing wrong about scots in kilts is that some of them should be out of them... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. It's sure a long kilt he has, but yes it's nice

      Delete
  10. ^_^ I think I need a kilt to get me out of this tiny rut. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love me a Scot, but I know what you mean about the language being a little to heavy..it doesn't allow you to slip in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I read something like it and was all what? What are they saying? But I read more and learned

      Delete
  12. They do sound like a good pair. And Scots in kilts? What's not to like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I could like this one, I'm curious about the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't say I see ANYTHING wrong with a bunch of kilted Scots running around, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the cover... *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP