Monday 30 November 2015

Alien in Chief - Gini Koch

As Kitty can tell you, it's not easy being the wife of the vice president - especially not when he's an alien from the Alpha Centauri system. And being a parent of preternaturally talented children, don't even go there. But she and her A-C husband, Jeff, have learned how to roll with whatever life and the bad guys throw at them - they think.

Kitty & Company have been savouring a few months of quiet since they got back from Beta Eight. But suddenly their peace is shattered by the arrival of a mysterious female assassin - who might be Jeff's missing niece, Stephanie. And that's just the beginning of the fun.

When the Alpha Centauri Planetary Council requests a visit with the president and vice president, things look politically dicey. When the most dangerous prisoners in the most secure supermax prison escape with ease, things look bad. But when the Mastermind releases a virus that kills people in a week, things go to Defcon Worse fast.

Now it's up to Kitty to save everyone important in the U.S. government - including her mother, her husband, and herself - before the virsu spreads through the rest of the country, and then the world. Plus she's facing invisible attackers, crazed assassins, a teenager in hiding, the most dangerous train ride ever, the disappearance of her beloved flyboys, and a mysterious alien who could be an enemy or the ally she needs.

and this time, the Mastermind's made it very personal. Either he's going down . . . or Kitty is. 

My thoughts:
500 pages of non-stop action. These people will never have a quiet day. But to be fair, they have had many quiet days since her second baby has been born. Quiet for a time then.

*Other aliens are coming to visit. Hey, what a state visit!
*The bad guys are still out there. And the mastermind, even if they know who he is but can't do anything about it. I really hate that guy.
*Let's see, other bad things going in. Someone is trying to kill everyone. But who is it?
* And a mystery virus that kills really fast. The clock is ticking on that one.

But I must say, the constant need to tell me what she is listening too. After 12 books I fear I am rather tired of that. I can live without that.

I also felt that there was not enough Martini. I know that she is a big girl and can handle herself, but sniff, I love Jeff. I want more Jeff and Kitty action (and I am not talking about the bed here.)

I have seriously started to doubt they will ever be happy on this planet. There are so many crazy peeps trying to kill them. That evil church. Hybrids. Sorry earth, maybe they should just leave and find a nice beach somewhere. But there are more books so hopefully they can find all the crazy ones and live happily ever after.

Conclusion:
This book does pack a few punches 0_0

Cover
Kick.ass!

Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages
Expected publication: December 1st 2015 by DAW
Katherine "Kitty" Katt #12
Sci.fi
For review

42 comments:

  1. Good to hear about the non stop action

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this series is on #12 already? I have some serious catching up to do! And I know I'll want more Jeff as well, I loved him in the first (and only) book I read:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when the first book came out - I still have it sitting on my TBR shelf. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like a bunch of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds kind of silly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds kind of silly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard some amazing things about this series. I'm glad it's still good after 12 books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 is a lot though, and even if I like it, I'd still like to see it end soon

      Delete
    2. 12 is a lot though, and even if I like it, I'd still like to see it end soon

      Delete
  8. i'm behind in this series but i plan to rectify that soon^^ i love Martini as well ( and the poochs^^ i hope there are in his^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martini is to die for, and I love the poofs :D

      Delete
  9. Sounds like the series is still going strong for the most part. I read the first one but that's it so far.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a series I need to try even if it never lets up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to get into this series. So glad you said action b/c I think I know someone who would enjoy this series too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. at least its none stop action hopefully it flew by cause wow 500 pages? o.o

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I get annoyed with that too! I don't need to know what you're listening to. Are you trying to make a word count or something?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I know this series, but it look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. On the someday list. Non-stop action has to be something I'm in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so late, I have book 3 to read...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought you meant Martini - the drink ! But I think I'd like a book packing so much punch, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are so many of these books, I know I'll never catch up. But I still want to check out the author. Do you know if any of them can be read as stand alones?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, they are crazy, lots of people, craziness..I'd say no. Just read book 1 and see how it feels

      Delete
  19. I did enjoy this book a lot, but loved the previous 2 more. Pure craziness those two. But I do love it when Kitty and Mr. White take off as well, those scenes are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Kitty and White, they are a hoot

      Delete
  20. Oh...my tbr pile 12 books? Sounds fun though

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP