Saturday 21 November 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: November 20, 2015 and The Ivy Chronicles

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.

Join in 

Sat 6 km bike, 1 h walk
Sun 30 min walk
Mon 10 km bike
Tue 1h yoga, 8 km bike, 1 h workout class
Wed, 4 km bike, 45 min zumba
Thu, 30 min walk, 45 min zumba toning, 8 km bike
Fri, 30 min walk, 4 km bike

Sunset today at 15.28. So I actually had no photos from this week, not to mention I am suffering from a mystery allergy with horrid hives. But that did not stop me this week, itch a bit and then continue. But anyway, it snowed last nights so here are some pics at last.



...............................

Having lost her high-powered Wall Street job, her husband and her plush Park Avenue apartment in one afternoon, Ivy Ames emerges broken but unbowed. The newly-single mother-of-two picks herself up, dusts herself down and reinvents herself as a private school admissions adviser whose well-heeled clients will do (literally) anything to get their children into the A-list schools. Thus begins a fast-paced and very funny rom com as Ivy's bid to support her family and regain her self-esteem becomes a tale of modern-day reinvention - and unexpected romance. 

My thoughts:
I contemplated dnfing this one for the first 100 pages. I have no idea why I read on. Ivy was a pushover. Sure it's good to be nice but come on! Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself, not just roll around and show your belly. The things she put up with, arghh, it made me so annoyed with her.

But I read on as she tried to make a new career of helping parents getting into good private schools. That was amusing, the things they go through. Dang, that is a tough world. So yes that made it interesting to read.

Her tries at dating, not so much. That was messy.

Ivy as a person, pushover like I said, I did not like her.

But I finished it, it was an interesting look at things. Still, not really worth it.

Paperback, 352 pages
Published July 1st 2006 by Pocket Books
Romantic fiction
Own


36 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. That snowfall is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better. The snow is beautiful. We have some coming this way, but it isn't going to stick around, if it sticks at all. The ground is still pretty warm here, not to mention the rain before snow. I probably would've DNF that book too. Better luck on the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so muddy under the snow, horrible conditions. And after one day of cold weather they promise warm weather and rain. Booo

      Delete
  3. That snow is gorgeous! And I'm happy to be looking at pictures of it instead of living there lol

    Feel better soon.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love the snow, love :D I just hate when it starts to melt, and there is ice everywhere

      Delete
    2. I Love the snow, love :D I just hate when it starts to melt, and there is ice everywhere

      Delete
  4. Whew that looks so cold! No snow here yet. Hope the hives go away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope the itching gets better - I know it can be horrible. I'm glad it's not snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures - I got my first taste of snow in the Mid-West this weekend too. Beautiful but way too much of it.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes snow! It seems too early for that. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too early? Oh, the snow is like 2 months coming already

      Delete
  8. Wow great exercise for the week. That snow looks awesome. Love it. Sorry about the hives though, nto fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      They are blergh. People must have thought I had the chickenpox during workout class

      Delete
  9. Yikes! Mystery allergy and uncomfortable hives. Hope you can get relief and figure out what caused it. Look at the snow! That's what I woke up to this morning, too.

    Bummer, your Ivy was a pushover and didn't improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so!

      So pretty, love love snow :D

      Delete
  10. Ugh, I do not envy the snow. I need lots of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the pictures! Too bad for the book. It began t be cold yeserday, it's impressive because last week it was 26°C, today 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Really! You had summer yesterday!!!! Srsl, it wasn't that warm here this summer even

      Delete
  12. I feel ya with pushover characters. It's hard to persevere when you feel like someone is a doormat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh no you are turning into me!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO SNOW!! Yikes! Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snow! I hate snow, but it really is pretty and I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank goodness we don't have snow yet. But your pics are very pretty.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the snow pictures are so pretty ... I'd like a bucket of snow to cool down right about now. Snow on hives stops the itch for a little while.
    Oh and good job with the exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;)
      The cold is awesome fort the hives

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP