Monday 23 November 2015

Romance Monday: Maid for Love / Legacy

Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad memories and ugly rumors. Then she's knocked off her bike on the way to her housekeeping job at McCarthy's Resort Hotel by Gansett's "favorite son," Mac McCarthy. He's back in town to help his father with preparations to sell the family resort and has no intention of staying long. When Mac accidentally sends Maddie flying over the handlebars, badly injuring her, he moves in to nurse her back to health and help care for her young son. He soon realizes his plans for a hit-and-run visit to the island are in serious jeopardy, and he just may be "maid" for love. 

My thoughts:
It happened fast, but I would not call it instalove. And well dang it, it was so cute!

Mac crashes into Maddie. He feels bad and decides to help her, by living at her place, and helping with her child and work. And he soon realises that he likes her, he really likes her. And he likes her baby. And I was all awwwwww. It was so sweet of how he fell for them both. 

While Maddie fights it, sure he is hot, but she has a bad bad rep. Oh that made me mad. Men are stupid! Poor poor Maddie. So she was the sane one in this book, she wants to take things slow (or not at all).

Oh Mac's mum is an ass! Still not forgiven!

I enjoyed it and would read more

Cover
meh

Kindle Edition, 260 pages
Published April 28th 2011 by HJTB, Inc
The McCarthys of Gansett Island #1
Contemporary romance
Own
The last of the Murrays...
Christina Murray is elated to inherit her family's ancestral home in Scotland. But upon her arrival she is confronted by her breathtakingly handsome new neighbor, Ian Douglas...and an ancient family curse that comes with the castle.

A violent legacy of passion...

Seduced by Ian's easy Scottish charm by day, Christina dreams at night of three raven-haired beauties, ancestors who fell victim to the curse one generation after another: Katrine, the fiery Jacobite supporter who lost her heart to an Englishman; Jeanne, an accused witch; and Mairi, who shared a forbidden passion with the King of England.

Now it's Christina's turn to lie in that cursed bed... and loving Ian might just cost her life.

 MY thoughts:
Was this a romance? No Must have been romantic fiction then cos it was sad, and kind of depressing.

I guess it was Christina's story that had the romance, which it had. But it was also foreshadowed by the other tragic stories. See, she is cursed. A very old curse. She has inherited an estate. She meets a hunky man named Ian. She gets visions of other women through out time. And they all met nasty endings.

The first vision is of Katrine. A sad story about a woman falling for an Englisman around the time of Culloden.

The second is of Jeanne. A woman falling for a relative. She is happy, until. This one was so unfair.

And the last one, the one I waited for. Mairi if Shiels, the woman who (well in this story) was the mistress of Edward, the hammer of the Scots. This one was the most sad one. It was the one I liked the most and the most depressing one.

So yes lots of tragedy, heartache and deaths, and Christina is heading that way. Still, I enjoyed it at times, but yeah, sad.

Conclusion:
I have been thinking, what to rate it? Would I read more? It was just so depressing. So no.

Cover
meh

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published December 31st 1984)
Romantic fiction
Own




32 comments:

  1. The first one sounds really cute, but I'm not sure I'm up for the second one if it's depressing. I like light and fluffy reads around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So depressing, and then when I was finished it hit me agaub

      Delete
  2. No thanks, I am so not down with sad and depressing, especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can live with instalove when it's convincingly done. In fact, there are times when I prefer it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Force's book, still unread. I'll check it out when my attention span isn't great. And yes, the cover sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Maid for Love is a winner. Will have to read that one b/c it sounds so cute. No for the depressing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on that one. And yes do not read the other one

      Delete
  6. The first one sounds good, the second one sound depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like the first one would be a light read and an adorable one, but I'd definitely choose to read the second! I normally choose dark books over light and fluffy ones so that one resonated with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, but goooods, it was so depressing, so in the end I could not truly enjoy it. Everyone suffered so much

      Delete
  8. aww Maid for Love sounds sweet, I need a nice sweet read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I like the first one. I like reading about men and babies and men falling in love with babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first one, but just need to actually read it. I'm actually intrigued by your depressing cursed in love one. Need to be in the right mood for it so not now, but maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have read Maid for Love - a good while back and read a few more in the series. It is her Fatal series that I can only say I adore!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I would surely prefer the first one but they look intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm totally checking out Maid for Love... that sounds like the sweet, small town romance I enjoy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's only a three-day week here, but I think all three of those days are going to be Mondays. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. See this is why reviews are so important..you sold me on Maid for Love and I would have skipped over it cause that cover is totally Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awee both sound kinda good. But I am in the mood for romance.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP