Monday 16 November 2015

The unthinkable triangle - Joane Starnes

All is fair in love and war – or is it? What if Mr. Darcy’s rival for Elizabeth Bennet’s hand and heart is not some inconsequential stranger, but his dearest, closest friend? How is he to reconcile the claims of loyalty and kinship with the urge to pursue his heart’s desire? 

My thoughts:
I did say it somewhere, I have wanted to try a variation where Colonel Fitzwilliam proposes to her, and she accepts. She and Richard always seemed to fit, so what if he threw caution or the wind and got there first?

Oh yes, intriguing! 
This was not a prudent match. She comes with 100 pounds a year. He has his his army pay, which is not a lot. They get engaged at Rosings, well not AT Rosings, but at that time.

Oh no! Drama! We all know Darcy was on his way. Yes yes we all know she would have turned him down, but now she never has the chance. Now Richard tells her what an awesome guy Darcy is, now Richard helps things turn around. Now Lizzy actually starts to think Darcy is a good guy. Maybe she will start to think he is too good? Too nice? Too likable ;)

We also know that come on, she wont leave Darcy in the dust. But the way she handles the Richard situation was good. They are not meant to be together and he will see it too. I also liked Darcy more this way, he was so madly in love and torn apart when his cousin is with the woman he loves. Poor poor Darcy. 

Kindle Edition, 301 pages
Published September 23rd 2015
Pride and Prejudice re-telling
Own

25 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun retelling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Nope. Nope. I don't even want to think about this scenario!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another P&P retelling. Where do you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love him, but it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL You and Sophia find the most interesting retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday, but I took today and tomorrow off, so... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darcy... too likable???? Okay, totally curious now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not TOO, but suddenly for her too likable. Too nice. Too I want him for her

      Delete
  8. More Darcy! You never get tired of these P&P adaptations

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always thought that the Colonel caught her eye, too. It must be the year for this particular love triangle. This is the third one I know of that released this year.

    Glad it was a good one. I'll get around to this one eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have read that many?! Aww, jelly! I want more too

      Delete
  10. It's an interesting version here and I'm curious to try it too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my.
    A love triangle I actually want to read....what is going on with life?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't read triangles and I haven't read PP. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although they are not for me, I love that you love this retellings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP